Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Tweeter placement

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Tweeter placement

I'm looking for some input on tweeter placement in my '17 Lariat. I'm trying to figure out how much different the imaging would be with the tweets in the stock location in the pillar vs putting them in the sail panels. Of course I know having the tweets on axis will yield better results but wonder if the ease of using the stock locations is worth i sacrificing some sound.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

positioning really depends on the speaker itself and the tuning you have available. some tweets i have owned were better on-axis, some off.

on my '13 i mounted them in the door where the arrow is pointing and just disconnected the a-pillar tweets.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcg703
I'm looking for some input on tweeter placement in my '17 Lariat. I'm trying to figure out how much different the imaging would be with the tweets in the stock location in the pillar vs putting them in the sail panels. Of course I know having the tweets on axis will yield better results but wonder if the ease of using the stock locations is worth i sacrificing some sound.
Personally I think using the factory placements make for a cleaner install.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Personally I think using the factory placements make for a cleaner install.
I agree but want the best sound I can get.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:58 AM

I agree but want the best sound I can get.
I would try the factory positions b4 I did anything else.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:15 PM

After doing some more research I'm not sure if I want to attempt trying to go through the molex connectors in the doors to run new wire. I may just stick with stock wiring and use stock locations for everything else. If the tweets don't sound good off axis, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:55 PM

After doing some more research I'm not sure if I want to attempt trying to go through the molex connectors in the doors to run new wire. I may just stick with stock wiring and use stock locations for everything else. If the tweets don't sound good off axis, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Good idea
Old 12-18-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 659 Likes on 288 Posts

I wanted nothing to do with that connector either lol. My truck sits outside often in summer at lake and wanted to try to hide everything realizing the most likelihood of losing sound quality because of location but was pleasantly surprised. I mounted tweeter in triangle shaped trim piece by mirror. Sound isn't muffler by dash as feared and sounds great and out of sight ")

Old 12-18-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by go-on3
I wanted nothing to do with that connector either lol. My truck sits outside often in summer at lake and wanted to try to hide everything realizing the most likelihood of losing sound quality because of location but was pleasantly surprised. I mounted tweeter in triangle shaped trim piece by mirror. Sound isn't muffler by dash as feared and sounds great and out of sight ")

How did you run your wires into the doors to put the tweets in the sail panels? Did you go through the molex connector or no?
Old 12-18-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

they are pretty easy to run wires through. typically you just need to drill out a small hole in the blank areas to pass the wires.

Quick Reply: Tweeter placement