Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sync Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sync Issue

This issue was happening even before I installed my Kenwood Meastro system.

Every once in awhile, not often my sync will just lock up. No function, no buttons on the steering wheel. No usb access.

Well it happen yesterday for the first time since the upgrade and it didn't work again until after I shut down and restarted.

Also something that happens more often is sync will fail to connect to my Ipod Nano which it won't do now.

Anyway, is there a software issue? It is a Microsoft run product. Is there a update that needs to be done and can it be done with the Kenwood now installed?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by superwarp1

Every once in awhile, not often my sync will just lock up. No function, no buttons on the steering wheel. No usb access.

Well it happen yesterday for the first time since the upgrade and it didn't work again until after I shut down and restarted.

Also something that happens more often is sync will fail to connect to my Ipod Nano which it won't do now.

Anyway, is there a software issue? It is a Microsoft run product. Is there a update that needs to be done and can it be done with the Kenwood now installed?
Well known issue about Microsoft not playing nice with Apple.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by superwarp1

Not sure if there is Sync update to address this, but if you do want to update Sync, it is possible with Maestro installed. Go into the Sync Media Player screen. On the button bar at the bottom, we add a button called "Settings". Pressing this will bring up the factory Sync Menus (everything) including Install - which is used to do the updates. You can also access the Sync Menus for Phone by pressing the "Setttings" button on the bar or by pressing the Icon to go into connected devices and then pressing "Advanced".

Best,
Old 05-27-2013, 12:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks 12v guy. As of now it's working, I've trace my Ipod issues are due to a faulty cable.

Quick Reply: Sync Issue