Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

SYNC 3 ACM reprogram, not perfect as I hoped.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default SYNC 3 ACM reprogram, not perfect as I hoped.

Hello Guys...

I did the ACM & APIM reprogram a while ago but have had problems with a noise playing from the APIM only, this is on a 17 F150.

For those that do not know, this reprogram lets your headunit output the correct signal to send to aftermarket amps and processors free from any OEM wizardry.

It seems the sound output its not as clean as it should be and its definitely a “digital” problem inside the APIM.

On CD Player and Radio its not present at all tried same test tone on a burned CD, and it was perfectly clean.

I recorded the noise and its the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZQ5...ature=youtu.be

In the video you will hear a low hz test tone being played and you will also hear the “whistling” that I am talking about very very clearly…

If you want to check if you have the sound, download a test tone generator in your phone and plug it in via bluetooth or usb, play a 10hz test tone and you should hear a high pitched noise along with the bass tone.

Thanks!
JC
Old 11-02-2017, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forscan reprogram

Any update on this ? In the middle of my install and trying to decide if I should just utilize a decent line converter and reprogram with forscan or spend the money on audio control lci6 or 7 or even more for the jl fix 86. Sound not being present in radio or cd makes me think this is a level problem incurring by the means the sound is coming from the phone to the system. Or perhaps phone volume being maxed or enhanced and peaking levels on your test tone. Thoughts ?
Old 11-02-2017, 04:53 PM

The sound comes on in USB too... anything that has to do with the cheapo APIM... it doesnt matter how you wire your system... the noise comes from the APIM.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:28 AM

Bump anyone?
Old 01-02-2018, 10:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if you have an ACM issue?

I had NO issues whatsoever with my 17 install and noise. No floor noise via USB, CD, Bluetooth.. nothing at all.

Doesn't sound like you have a grounding issue, though it wouldn't hurt to double check it. Does the sound change pitch when the vehicle is running and you give it some gas? Where did you ground? I used the truck chassis.

I recall reading either here or the DIY audio forums that another guy had noise issues that he could NOT get rid of. I suspect it's with the ACM itself.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by JKoop
I wonder if you have an ACM issue?

I had NO issues whatsoever with my 17 install and noise. No floor noise via USB, CD, Bluetooth.. nothing at all.

Doesn't sound like you have a grounding issue, though it wouldn't hurt to double check it. Does the sound change pitch when the vehicle is running and you give it some gas? Where did you ground? I used the truck chassis.

I recall reading either here or the DIY audio forums that another guy had noise issues that he could NOT get rid of. I suspect it's with the ACM itself.
Hello JKIts not a noise issue and its not in the audio system.What Sync do you have? Can you try with a test tone like I wrote and report back?
Old 01-08-2018, 10:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by James Cole
Hello JKIts not a noise issue and its not in the audio system.What Sync do you have? Can you try with a test tone like I wrote and report back?
I have Sync 3 on my 2017 F150 XLT. Nav system with basic sound system.

I'll give your test tone request a shot and see what my system does.