Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Speaker install issue...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exclamation Speaker install issue...

just got my pioneers speakers in the mail...and im looking to install em today...but when i popped out the old speakers and it is connected thru a facotry clip...is there anyway to use the clip off the stock speaker?..or should i cut the clip off the harness and splice the wires the speakers came with to the wires on the harness? any help or ideas
Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually cut the clip and splice in.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clip it, you can tell from looking at the speaker which is + and -, just remember which wire was what, solder the new wire on, if needed. or just strip those and put the female connectors on the existing wires.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just cut and solder...very easy

check the stock for pos and neg, remember (or tape a piece of tape labled + or - to help u remember on the wire) and either crimp it or solder onto the new speaker
Old 12-16-2008, 08:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

cool...thanks alot guys...that def seems like cheaper and more straight foward way of doing it...

now i hav eone more question....i have the 04 F150 FX4..extended cab,power windows all around(just so you no which interior im talking about)...is there a link to how to remove the rear speakers? or panels?...b/c i found one but it isnt for the same setup as mine...it has a pop out window and not the same panels as mine...HELPPP!!!...lol
Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by F-1Fizzy
cool...thanks alot guys...that def seems like cheaper and more straight foward way of doing it...

now i hav eone more question....i have the 04 F150 FX4..extended cab,power windows all around(just so you no which interior im talking about)...is there a link to how to remove the rear speakers? or panels?...b/c i found one but it isnt for the same setup as mine...it has a pop out window and not the same panels as mine...HELPPP!!!...lol
Not sure about the rear doors on that.
I 2nd soldering the clips onto your new speakers. DONT CUT THE FACTORY WIRING HARNESS!!!!! Take the speker out, use a soldering gun to heat up and remove the wires from the factory clips. Then remove the clips. (Removing them proved a little difficult on mine but stick with it, they come off lol)
Then, solder the new speakers wires onto the clip (make sure you know which is + and -
Then, plug your clip back in and ta da! No fuss, and you can always put your factory speakers back in if you get rid of the truck by repeating the process. Took less than an hour to get all 4 clips done for my truck
Old 12-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the doors are easy to take off, ur truck is just like mine

on the front doors the speaker grill gets popped off, then use a screwdriver to unhook the the plastic clip that holds all the electric controls, then go around and there should be 4 screws on the bottom of the door as whell as a few under the handle, after those are off pop the door off, its only held on with plastic clips from there

the rears are just as easy, unscrew the door handel (2 screws) 2 on the bottom, the front piece on the left side of the window pops off as whell as on the right hand side (2 pieces) then the bottom gets popped off just like the front, all held on with clips

hope that helped

Quick Reply: Speaker install issue...