Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sound deadener/dampners

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

Default Sound deadener/dampners

I'm looking to silence my truck some more. I'm not a noob at this sort of thing but it has been a while since I've looked at these products. On my last care I used poly mastic from Mc Master Carr, and have plenty left, however I would like to silence the truck some more.

The areas I want to cover:
Back of cab
Ceiling above header
Inside front/rear doors

I think for now I want to leave the floor alone, I am unsure.

So looking at products, I've come across:
Raam Audio
Looking at the Ensolite IUO peel and stick as well as the Raammate BXT II. This looks to be about $200 to cover about 38 sq feet. Between both products I could prob get my doors done and not much else. This would take car of vibrations and deaden the truck.

GTMAT
This looks beefy, 80mil thickness, 50 sq ft for $110 shipped. This should be enough to cover the doors and the back of the cab, would deaden some sound.

Between these 2 products, I am almost more inclined to grab the GTMAT as it is thicker, then use the Ensolite IUO over the top between door panels, behind the back seat, and over the top of the truck. Are there other products I should look into? I'm not looking for luxury car silence and I am not looking for audiophile silence either, mainly want to improve the sound stage of the truck as well as reduce road noise.

Any tips or suggestions? I'd like to keep it cheap if possible.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by scobar
I'm looking to silence my truck some more. I'm not a noob at this sort of thing but it has been a while since I've looked at these products. On my last care I used poly mastic from Mc Master Carr, and have plenty left, however I would like to silence the truck some more.

The areas I want to cover:
Back of cab
Ceiling above header
Inside front/rear doors

I think for now I want to leave the floor alone, I am unsure.

So looking at products, I've come across:
Raam Audio
Looking at the Ensolite IUO peel and stick as well as the Raammate BXT II. This looks to be about $200 to cover about 38 sq feet. Between both products I could prob get my doors done and not much else. This would take car of vibrations and deaden the truck.

GTMAT
This looks beefy, 80mil thickness, 50 sq ft for $110 shipped. This should be enough to cover the doors and the back of the cab, would deaden some sound.

Between these 2 products, I am almost more inclined to grab the GTMAT as it is thicker, then use the Ensolite IUO over the top between door panels, behind the back seat, and over the top of the truck. Are there other products I should look into? I'm not looking for luxury car silence and I am not looking for audiophile silence either, mainly want to improve the sound stage of the truck as well as reduce road noise.

Any tips or suggestions? I'd like to keep it cheap if possible.
I had good luck with the Rammat/ensolite products on the doors and rear wall. Made a huge difference and I would recommend them. Call and ask about their 'b' products as it will save you some money. They are irregulars (vary slightly in thickness) but I honestly didn't notice a mm difference here and there.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeBoost
I had good luck with the Rammat/ensolite products on the doors and rear wall. Made a huge difference and I would recommend them. Call and ask about their 'b' products as it will save you some money. They are irregulars (vary slightly in thickness) but I honestly didn't notice a mm difference here and there.
Sweet, thanks for the tip. I did not see B stock listed anywhere on their site.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used a lot of sound deadening products over the years, and I highly recommend buying from this place. The guy who runs it is helpful, knowledgable, and the price is great for the high quality products he has.

Side Note: It's been a while since I was in this sort of scene, but I remember Raamat having problems, and I've never heard of Gtmat. I would like to point out however that it's not all about the "thickness" of the material, it's the composition that plays the biggest part.

Quick Reply: Sound deadener/dampners