Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sony system WITHOUT Nav - Options?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sony system WITHOUT Nav - Options?

I have a 2010 FX4 that has the Sony sound system, including the sub, but not the nav system. I also have the back-up camera that goes to the 3-4" screen in the rear view mirror.

I'm wondering what my options are (if any), as all the reading I've done indicates I'm pretty much stuck with this set-up.

In a perfect world I'd like to be able to install one of the double-din head units that can take the back-up camera and have it display there, instead of the small screen in the mirror. Has anyone had any luck with this?

I'm also in the process of sound deadening my truck. I've install the butyl layer and am waiting on the arrival of the closed-cell foam sheets (should show up next week). Part of that process is having to remove the speakers as you need to get right in there. This got me thinking of replacing the speakers, but I'm wondering if that would make any difference at all if I don't swap out the factory head unit. The Sony speakers are the 6x8, 4 ohms and if I swap these with a 2-3 ohm speaker wouldn't there be issues without a matched amp (and I'm assuming the Sony amp is a 4 ohm to match the existing speakers).

I'm just so confused as to what options I have with this. If anyone knows what can be done or has had success in any of this, please let me know.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:03 AM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

There's tons of options. Just input your vehicle info on Crutchfield, or give them a call.
You can also search through this subforum. There's quite a few people that have upgraded those trucks over the years.
Old 04-21-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

The 2010 sync system can be replaced fairly easy. It is the 2013 and up systems that are harder. Your options are only limited by the amount you want to spend!

Quick Reply: Sony system WITHOUT Nav - Options?