Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

shallow mount sub suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default shallow mount sub suggestions??

I currently have two comp kicker 10s with a alpine 500 watt amp under my back seat. One of the covers over the sub has a tear in it about 2 inches long. I have a 05 crew cab and want to get a new system but still have a back seat. I was looking at the kicker L3's but some people say they have no medium they are either very loud or very quite. I would like to keep my amp and get new speakers as the amp is fine. What do you guys suggest?

This is the link to the Kicker L3 I was looking at:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kicker+-...2075&st=kicker l3&cp=1&lp=1
Old 01-21-2013, 12:36 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got your solution but it hasn't been released yet. A company called 'Stereo Integrity' is working on their latest iteration of their SQ shallow-mount sub. These subs are amazing; try and find something negative about them. Here's the latest info they sent me:

Hi!

There have been a lot of ideas and speculation regarding the next version of the BM mkIII subwoofer floating around. I am sending out this newsletter to put definitive answers on a lot of questions. I really don't know where to begin because the notion of the BM mkIV has been floating around for at least a year now as we have been scouring the world (literally) looking for a capable manufacturing facility that can do what we need. Anyway, onto the BM mkIV:

In the beginning we were not going to call the new BM woofer the mkIV because we were not planning on making very many upgrades. However, things have changed and we are upgrading a significant amount on the woofer. Our new shallow woofer will be called the BM mkIV. I have sent the funds over to the new build house for the toolings so progress is definitely being made! Details about this prototype BM mkIV woofer are as follows:

Enclosure recommendation will be 0.5 ft^3 sealed.

Power handling will be 400 watts RMS.

DVC 4 Ohm will be the only coil configuration.

We are tooling a new, stronger, carrier to be used on the woofer.

A new tooled diaphragm made out of aluminum will be used on the front of the driver.

The surround will be rubber.

The gasket will be a regular style gasket (no hidden holes this time).

The shorting ring will be made of solid copper instead of brass.

The color scheme will be a black metallic basket with copper mesh inserts and a copper anodized motor.

The backplate will be bumped out 3mm to increase peak stroke by 21%.

2.5" diameter, 8 layer copper voice coil.

XBL^2 motor with an Xmax of 14mm.

Improved magnet grade. (will still be a 10 ring neo cluster)

The same large 10" diameter Nomex spider will be used.

3.3" mounting depth

We will be posting pictures and preliminary testing results of the prototype on our forum and our Facebook page once it arrives.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

you forgot to mention that the Stereo Integrity BM subs are nearly impossible to find. But they are supposed to be the sh*t when it comes to shallow mount subs.

I guess we'll see when the next version comes out.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 AM

How expensive are these subs and where can i find them at?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:52 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

They're only impossible to find because they haven't had a production run in a long while. The founder had some health issues which put everything into a holding pattern. When the new version comes out, they'll be available directly through the vendor online.

They are hard to find used as, if it fits your application, people love them and are loathe to sell them.

Pricing for the previous models has been around $300 per unit; I think the new ones will be about the same. If you sign up to their mailing list, you'll get updates as they get closer to launch.

http://www.stereointegrity.com/
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

They sure do. I saw one recently on DIYMA and even at $400 is was sold pretty quick.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought 2 Alpine Type R T12's waiting to be installed. If they perform like their price says they will then they are going to be bad ***!! ha
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got the new kicker CRT 12" 800/1200 apiece. They have a little under 4 inch mounting depth.. Will be running with the kx 1600.1

Retail is like 300.. Not to bad.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 PM

Let me know how the alpines perform. I'm still looking to buy some new ones sometime soon hopefully.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

I have a couple of 10" Type R's if anyone is in need. around 5-7/8 mounting depth

Quick Reply: shallow mount sub suggestions??