Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Rear passenger speaker not working, already replaced speaker

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear passenger speaker not working, already replaced speaker

I installed a new kenwood ddx9703s and wasn't getting any sound at all. I disconnected all wires and stared hooking them up one by one and found out that my rear passenger speaker wasn't working. So I left the 3 other speakers connected and have audio. I figured it was the speaker so I replaced the speaker but I'm still not getting sound after replacing the speaker.

What would cause that 1 speaker to not work even though it was replaced?
Old 06-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

A broken wire.. bad channel on the new head unit.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:20 PM

Update: well I hooked up my stock head unit and check to see if the speaker work with that, it does. It seems to only not work with the kenwood.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by jk1984
Update: well I hooked up my stock head unit and check to see if the speaker work with that, it does. It seems to only not work with the kenwood.
Swap the left rear with the right rear speaker wire on the HU to determine if the HU channel is bad. You will probably find a bad connection there for the speaker that isn't working
Old 06-17-2017, 05:44 PM

That's good idea. Just to make sure I do it right, what you're saying is to hook up the rear driver side speaker wire from the head unit to the rear passenger side wires from the harness?
Old 06-17-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Yes, do it at the deck to eliminate if the deck is the issue or wiring.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:27 PM

So I figured out what the actual problem was. The purple set of wires had to be inverted. All of my other wires went white to white, gray to gray, white with black stripe to white with black stripe etc....

For some reason the purple set of wires to to be connected purple to purple with black stripe, not purple to purple. I have no idea why, but after I did that I finally got sound! Maybe the harness was inverted during construction? I don't know, but now I have sound from all 4 speakers
Old 06-26-2017, 09:43 PM

So I figured out what the actual problem was. The purple set of wires had to be inverted. All of my other wires went white to white, gray to gray, white with black stripe to white with black stripe etc....

For some reason the purple set of wires to to be connected purple to purple with black stripe, not purple to purple. I have no idea why, but after I did that I finally got sound! Maybe the harness was inverted during construction? I don't know, but now I have sound from all 4 speakers
Good
Old 06-27-2017, 10:35 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

glad to hear it worked out but even if the polarity was reversed the speaker still would have worked, it would have just been out of phase with the other side. sounds more like a loose connection.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by nineball
glad to hear it worked out but even if the polarity was reversed the speaker still would have worked, it would have just been out of phase with the other side. sounds more like a loose connection.
Yup