Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Qestions about factory sub plug

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:03 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Qestions about factory sub plug

If you enable the plug located behind the driver rear door and use it for high level input to an amp does it drop out bass when the volume goes up? Right now I have wires ran from the factory radio to the amp using the parrot wire harness.

This irritates me cause the bass drop out on higher volume, I had a lc7i installed but the noise introduced into the sub was terrible but helped keep the bass when the volume was up.

I'm looking at the mod where you tap the wires and put in rca wires then use forscan to enable low level setting at the ACM, more research is needed for that, but it's my understanding that it provides a flat signal and doesn't have the bass drop out when the volume rises.

Any help on these questions is most welcome.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport Mode
If you enable the plug located behind the driver rear door and use it for high level input to an amp does it drop out bass when the volume goes up? Right now I have wires ran from the factory radio to the amp using the parrot wire harness.

This irritates me cause the bass drop out on higher volume, I had a lc7i installed but the noise introduced into the sub was terrible but helped keep the bass when the volume was up.

I'm looking at the mod where you tap the wires and put in rca wires then use forscan to enable low level setting at the ACM, more research is needed for that, but it's my understanding that it provides a flat signal and doesn't have the bass drop out when the volume rises.

If it does drop, I haven't noticed it - mine just keeps driving more.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

there are two different changes to be made with forscan. one will convert your high-level outputs (speaker wires) to low level, doing this you will need to splice into some rca cables. the second change will change the signal to flat. there are a few posts about it in here and the forscan thread.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I don't think it should drop off
Old 05-27-2017, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by nineball
there are two different changes to be made with forscan. one will convert your high-level outputs (speaker wires) to low level, doing this you will need to splice into some rca cables. the second change will change the signal to flat. there are a few posts about it in here and the forscan thread.
He was asking about the factory sub plug - which if enabled with froscan, runs at about 4 volts - pretty much a low level signal
Old 07-25-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which pins are used for the low level input for the sub input?
Old 07-28-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I purchased/installed the factory sub, and DID notice that the bass and volume levels to the cabin speakers did drop once I activated it. I wasn't happy with volume/bass levels and the lack of adjustability that the factory subwoofer system had (no gain, no crossover/low pass filter levels, no bass levels, etc...), so after two weeks... I pulled it out and sold it. I turned the subwoofer option off and added a Pioneer subwoofer enclosure and amp. My concern as far as you're concerned... if you're using that factory subwoofer harness behind the driver's side C pillar, you may deal with the same issues. In order to utilize the signal(s) coming from it, I believe it has to be activated... which may put you in the same boat (low volume and bass levels to all the cabin speakers).

Just something to chew on...

TK
The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (07-29-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TTKammer
I purchased/installed the factory sub, and DID notice that the bass and volume levels to the cabin speakers did drop once I activated it. I wasn't happy with volume/bass levels and the lack of adjustability that the factory subwoofer system had (no gain, no crossover/low pass filter levels, no bass levels, etc...), so after two weeks... I pulled it out and sold it. I turned the subwoofer option off and added a Pioneer subwoofer enclosure and amp. My concern as far as you're concerned... if you're using that factory subwoofer harness behind the driver's side C pillar, you may deal with the same issues. In order to utilize the signal(s) coming from it, I believe it has to be activated... which may put you in the same boat (low volume and bass levels to all the cabin speakers).

Just something to chew on...

TK

I did in the end purchase the plug and activated the sub plug with FOREScan, it made a great difference and for me at least, it did what I was hoping, No bass output drop when increasing the volume. Very happy with it.
This is with an alpine amp and sub box, not the kicker factory sub set-up.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyp30
which pins are used for the low level input for the sub input?
As I recall it's the middle two (smaller gauge wires) OPPOSITE the locking pin of the connector. I've got a pigtail already wired up to a pair of RCAs if you're interested - don't need it now that I went all in. I'll ship it to you for cost - not doing me any good.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Sub plug

If I add an amp to my head unit using a Bluetooth harness, will the signal at the sub plug be amplified?