Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

pioneer avh-p4200dvd

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default pioneer avh-p4200dvd

Is this worth the price? I dont talk on the phone while driving so no bluetooth isnt a big deal. It does have Nav and plays DVD... anyone know if it supports backup cams as well? Or is this not even something to look at and I should just chip in a few more bucks and get something else? Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the p3200 bcuz i dont care for nav and i love it
Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 AM

I will let u know. Mine comes tomorrow

Nav does not come with it, u can add it. Bt can b added and it streams audio from that device. It does support backup cams.

One of the reasons I got it was it lights green which matches our interior

Last edited by MADPIRAHNA; 07-13-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VanoFord
Is this worth the price? I dont talk on the phone while driving so no bluetooth isnt a big deal. It does have Nav and plays DVD... anyone know if it supports backup cams as well? Or is this not even something to look at and I should just chip in a few more bucks and get something else? Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Is a great unit, and you can upgrade later, i was gonna get one of this, but i decide for the JVC AVX830 cause it have detachable face, and my truck sleep outside.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by MADPIRAHNA
I will let u know. Mine comes tomorrow

Nav does not come with it, u can add it. Bt can b added and it streams audio from that device. It does support backup cams.

One of the reasons I got it was it lights green which matches our interior
Ok, what about Sirius Satellite? Another module needed? Did you order the add-on for the Nav? Where did you get your system, and how much if you dont mind me asking... I have seen these for $420 which I can justify in spending for Nav DVD BUC & My Sat Radio still.

Thanks everyone so far for the responses!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:52 PM

Yeah, u have to add it. I didnt order the nav yet, I am waiting on Christmas for that so that Im not spending like crazy.

I paid 429 shipped from J and R audio. EVeryone else wanted 500 or even more, go figure.

From what I understand it sounds excellent has a hi-res display and looks great. I will post up tomorrow when I get it in though. You can also check out youtube as lots of folks already posted vids on it.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:13 PM

Nice! I think this is gonna be the unit for me. I too dont need the Nav, but gettin it later doesnt sound like that bad of an idea (aside from the extra 300 for the add on). One last question:

Will the Sirius hook right up or do I need an additional module for that, like i would need for the Nav and the BT?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 PM

Additional module. This unit is very nice but you have to add everything. I think the price for the nav is gonna drop because everyone is bitchin about it, and then Ill pick it up..

Another nice thing about this one is the ability to control IPOD directly from the screen, you can drag and swipe your finger with this unit also going through playslists whereas you cant most touch screens.

I was gonna get the 3200bt but I found out that one wont do audio streaming from your device but the add on does. Also, the 3200 is an extremely nice unit but I think the 4200 looks cleaner with no physical controls to the left of the screen like the 3200.

Its going to be installed tomorrow night or early the next day and I will post up to show you what it looks like in teh F150 at daylight and at night with the green backgrounds and buttons, cant wait.

here is another

Last edited by MADPIRAHNA; 07-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 AM

Looks like a very slick unit, with a slick interface. The deal breaker for my taste however, is the lack of a traditional rotary style volume ****. Call me old school I guess.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob J
Looks like a very slick unit, with a slick interface. The deal breaker for my taste however, is the lack of a traditional rotary style volume ****. Call me old school I guess.
You can get the 3200 with the ****.

Quick Reply: pioneer avh-p4200dvd