Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

PAC RPK4-FD2201 and AVH4200nex install help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:44 PM

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts
Default PAC RPK4-FD2201 and AVH4200nex install help.

All,

Working on a tight budget for an upgrade so I am trying to install the 4200nex using the PAC kit. My first time installing a radio. Got everything installed and it seemed to work great. When I started driving around from about 1mp to around 20mph it would cut in out on the sound work for bit then at higer speeds do the same. Never turned off but just got all strange volume button would not increase or decrease. When installing I matched up all of the wires color for color. The obvious wires like speaker and power I think those should be fine. I am wonder about some of the other wires I connected if I missed anything or should not have connected something. Also I did have the parking break by pass added. I followed the video from 5 star car stereo on youtube to configure that one. All wires appear to be secure and connected. I am sure this is a messy post but hopefully someone can make some suggestions.

Not connected wires:
Pac harness Blue Green w/steering wheel control adapter
pac harness two brown
pac harness - red/white (sticker shows navigation output)

wires connected from PAC harness not sure about
These 3 wires from pac harness also where taped together noting they are Navigation output.

orange/white matched a close orange white on Pioneer harness - figured it was illumination control.
Pink to pink not sure what it does but they matched.
purple white to purple white also matched
Old 09-15-2017, 08:31 PM

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Page 9 here tells you what the wires are:
http://pac-audio.com/index.php?contr...attachment=901

I think you've got everything hooked up correctly. I don't think my head unit used the pink Vehicle Speed wire, I imagine that's for dead reckoning if your head unit has GPS built in, otherwise I can't imagine what it's for.

Just the sound is cutting out?

You might unplug the steering wheel control, it should be a 2.5 or 3.5mm cable to the back of the Pioneer. Maybe something funky is going on and it's getting a mute signal. Also, have you correctly set the dip switches for steering wheel control for Pioneer?
The following users liked this post:
ray318 (09-16-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:34 PM

Also, make sure everything is securely plugged in. Does the 4200nex have a phone mute input wire? If you didn't insulate it, maybe it's grounding out. I tried to pull up the manual, but I'm having trouble with Pioneer's site.

Edit: It does have a mute wire. It's yellow with a black tracer. Make sure it's taped up and so it can't short to anything.

Last edited by patrickoneal; 09-15-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:29 AM

thanks for the feedback just the sound was cutting out. I don't recall the mute wire I will take a look at that one and also just disconnect the pink too just in case.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:26 PM

Looks like my harness did not have the mute wire (yellow and black). I removed the connection on the pink wire since the pioneer does not have navigation and so far it seems to be working. Now the only thing not working is voice control button and phone connection buttons. The volume and mode buttons seem to be working.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ray318
Looks like my harness did not have the mute wire (yellow and black). I removed the connection on the pink wire since the pioneer does not have navigation and so far it seems to be working. Now the only thing not working is voice control button and phone connection buttons. The volume and mode buttons seem to be working.
Did you ever get the other buttons working? Obviously you need a phone connected via bluetooth for the voice and phone functions. If you have an Android phone, the bluetooth stuff is automatically setup when you plug the phone into the USB port the first time if you let it run through the Android Auto setup.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:05 PM

voice control seems to work only when connected to my phone on android not sure why its not working on bluetooth. But in any case the button did work so at least I know its hooked up. Just need to play with it more since I am not used to the setup. I will have to say I do miss that outside temperature.

Trending Topics

Old 03-31-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just installed the AVH-4200NEX in my 2011 F150 and I still have my outside temp

I still have my temperature showing on the top screen. I used a different install kit. Only problem I have so far is my blue amp wire isn't switching my amp on yet. I will look into that later today.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Blake
I still have my temperature showing on the top screen. I used a different install kit. Only problem I have so far is my blue amp wire isn't switching my amp on yet. I will look into that later today.
Probably have to run it from the fusebox
Old 04-02-2018, 06:01 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Blake
Only problem I have so far is my blue amp wire isn't switching my amp on yet. I will look into that later today.
make sure you have the right blue wire connected. typically there are 2 of them - one for remote turn on for the amp and one for a power antennae. if you use the radio does your amp come on? if so you could have the wrong one connected.