Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

OEM Sony SUB Box +replaced sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 AM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Default OEM Sony SUB Box +replaced sub

If this has been answered please direct me to the link. The Army system I am on is blocking my search feature....

I have a 2010 FX2. I have picked up, 2nd hand, the with the OEM Sony SUB.

Looking to keep the SUB-box but replace the sub within.
Does anyone know the size (cu ft) of the enclosure? I'm looking at possibly putting in a TS-SW841D (
Amazon Amazon
)

It states it requires:
sealed box volume: 0.15-0.5 cu. ft.
ported box volume: 0.15-0.5 cu. ft.
50-120 RMS / 500 peak

I know I could do better but want to try and make the box work. (To read between the lines... The fewer physical changes the wife notices... the better )

2nd Question.
I understand I would have to get a different amp... not a problem at this point.... i think.

I am currently running 4 Kenwood KFC-C6893ps (2-80 RMS /240 Peak) off the factory radio ( Non-Nav w/ Sync) and it sounds better than what came stock but wouldnt mind pushing a little more power to them.

Given the above 4 speakers and the desire to add the above Sub... any recomaendations on a 5 chan amp? or a setup that would work.

I appreciate anything you can offer... Looking to get the stuff ordered to synch with my return from this trip..

Thanks again!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can just measure the height of the enclosure since your primary problem would be making sure that the Pioneer sub isn't too tall to fit in the factory box. Compare it to the specs on Amazon. If it doesn't fit for whatever reason, you can get the aftermarket box then. Since you made your decision to buy an aftermarket sub already, being able to use your factory enclosure is just a plus anyways, right?

With a sub like the one you mentioned, I would leave an amp dedicated to the door speakers and get a mono amp for the sub. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Sounds good. Thanks
I am a complete moron when it comes to most of this...

Quick Reply: OEM Sony SUB Box +replaced sub