Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

No sound from subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 05:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default No sound from subs

Alright gang. I'm stumped.

2019 150 Limited with B&o. Kenwood 5 channel amp. LC2I. JL 2x 8". using the PAC APH-FD02 harness to make it easy. Subwoofer 1 and 2 from harness in to input of the LC2I. Speaker wires for rear and front and center channel from harness wired up to pass through to factory amp. RCA from bass out on LC2I to the bass in on amp. Subs are sub channel out to the subs. Green sub connector from factory sub is not plugged in to anything.

All speakers running on factory amp are working. No sound coming from the subs. Amp and LC2I are powered up and running. Gains are up.

I have no idea why I'm not getting any audio out of the subs. Zero. What do I check first?
Old 01-12-2023, 07:31 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 399 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by DatacomGuy
Alright gang. I'm stumped.

2019 150 Limited with B&o. Kenwood 5 channel amp. LC2I. JL 2x 8". using the PAC APH-FD02 harness to make it easy. Subwoofer 1 and 2 from harness in to input of the LC2I. Speaker wires for rear and front and center channel from harness wired up to pass through to factory amp. RCA from bass out on LC2I to the bass in on amp. Subs are sub channel out to the subs. Green sub connector from factory sub is not plugged in to anything.

All speakers running on factory amp are working. No sound coming from the subs. Amp and LC2I are powered up and running. Gains are up.

I have no idea why I'm not getting any audio out of the subs. Zero. What do I check first?
A signal is out of phase from one another? Positive/negative backward? Try to run only one positive/negative into the LC2I and see if you get sound. If not, whip out a multi-meter and start testing. Remember power/ground/remote are all DC Current and signal/speaker wire is always AC Current.

Custom Stereo Packages and Installation Components designed specifically for the 2015+ F-Series Platforms
Check us out at https://soundsgoodstereo.com | Follow us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundsGoodStereo/
Old 01-16-2023, 12:11 PM

Received 626 Likes on 381 Posts

double check your pac wiring https://catalog.pac-audio.com/index....ttachment=1777
double check your l2ci wiring
make sure the lc2i is powered on - Are you using a remote wire to turn on the lc2i or GTO?
make sure the amp is powered on
turn the LPF up tp 200hz on the kenwood
get a multimeter
Turn on some ~40hz bass sine wave sound and turn the volume up a bit on the head unit
verify voltage on the sub out speaker wiring on the input side of the lc2i.
verify voltage on the rca's going into the input of the kenwood amp
verify voltage on the speaker wiring output of the kenwood amp
verify impedance on speaker wire going to your JL subs
feel the sub cones for any movement

should find something in there that doesnt check out

Last edited by bad packet; 01-16-2023 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2023, 09:00 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,301 Likes on 905 Posts

Your LOC won't work with the B&O system. You'll need a full bypass unit instead.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:15 AM

Received 626 Likes on 381 Posts

are they doing something like a digital signal from the B&O head unit to the amp? Couldn't you run the stock sub amp speaker output into the LC2i and use it as the source?
The following users liked this post:
jdunk54nl (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 02:51 PM

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by bad packet
are they doing something like a digital signal from the B&O head unit to the amp? Couldn't you run the stock sub amp speaker output into the LC2i and use it as the source?
You should be able to tap the sub wires and use it as a source like that. Only really works for adding a little better sub, but ford has tuned the factory sub, so, that signal is not going to be the cleanest approach.

Quick Reply: No sound from subs