Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

No sound after install, ADS MRR-FO1 Harness-DDX9703S 2010 F150

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No sound after install, ADS MRR-FO1 Harness-DDX9703S 2010 F150

I have a 2010 F150 XLT and I installed a Kenwood DDX9703S with idatalink ADS-MRR with a idatalink FO1 harness. My Kenwood has been updated to firmware version 2.6.0008.0600.

Here is a link to the guide I used to wire my kenwood harness to the FO1 harness, my vehicle starts on page 58 http://images.idatalink.com/corporat...N_20151214.pdf

I am having 3 issues so far with this setup, the first is the most important.

1) I followed their wiring diagram and connected all wires together but when I started up my unit it gave me an error that said "There is an error in the speaker wiring. Please check the connection". This has been driving me crazy this weekend. There are only 8 wires that need to be connected from the Kenwood harness to the idatalink FO1 harness for audio, they are: white, white/black, gray, gray/black, purple, purple/black, green, green/black. They are all connected properly, white to white, green to green, etc... I connected the Kenwood harness to the DDX9703S and connected the small black idatalink cable from the ADS MRR to the idatalink port on the back of the DDX9703S and plugged the cable from the ADS MRR with the 3.5mm connector to the I/F port right next to the idatalink port on the DDX9703S.

There are 4 rca connectors on the FO1 harness, SUB IN/CENTER IN/AUX that I originally didn't have connected to my DDX9703S. The idatalink instructions said to connect the SUB IN & CENTER IN so I connected the SUB IN & CENTER IN to the SW port on the back of my head unit and still don't have audio. I also took all the RCA connectors and tried them in all ports just for laughs and still didn't get any audio.

2) SYNC command button on steering wheel doesn't appear to be working I believe. This may be related to the first issue since I can't hear sound so I am unable to tell if sync is actually working.

3) I purchased the SiriusXM SXV300V1 to retain Sirius, when disconnecting my factory headunit there was only 1 antenna connector, not 1 for the radio and 1 for sirius so I was unable to actually use the SiriusXM SXV300V1 because my antenna doesn't fit into the SiriusXM SXV300V1. If I purchase the SAT1 adapter from idatalink which would allow me to plug my antenna into the SiriusXM SXV300V1 which plugs into the back of the Kenwood, would it give me both siruis and radio even though the antenna isn't technically connected to the antenna connector on the Kenwood?

I know my other connections are working because I am getting vehicle info such as mph, tire pressure, VIN, etc... and the Kenwood can read the ADS MRR serial number and is communicating with it.

Sorry for the long post but this is driving me crazy and I'd appreciate any help I could get for this.

Last edited by jk1984; 06-04-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

i would suggest calling the company you bought the gear from for support, or idatalink directly.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:28 PM

Update: I figured out what the problem was, all the wires were correct, I had a blown speaker. My backseat passenger speaker was blown and once I disconnected that wire from the harness I got sound. Although now I have to get a new speaker. I am unsure if the speaker was always not working or if it happened during installation of the kenwood.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

glad to hear it was an easy fix. if you are running stock speakers i may have a free replacement for you shortly.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 PM

Free replacement?!?!? That would be amazing!!!! Yes they are the stock speakers that came with the truck when I got it. I was relieved it was a simply fix because I knew all the wires were connected properly so it was very frustrating to say the least.