Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need help with speaker install '14 (with sony)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help with speaker install '14 (with sony)

So, I'm sure I've read thru a million threads (probably more like 20), and the install seems straight forward. I bought a set of spline 6.5 component for front and 6x8 coaxial for rears.

I am not planning on replacing the stock amp (or adding another one with the pac) just yet. I will in the future but Wil be getting it done by a professional.

anyway, if I'm just installing new speakers, do I need any other tools other than what it takes to remove door panel and speaker? Do the other ones just unplug and these plug in? I have very minimal experience with car audio (replaced 2 speakers my entire life) so want to make sure I don't miss something or mess it up.

the speakers are Alpine SPR60C and the SPS517.

If I absolutely NEED to add a sub to get better sound than itll have to wait a couple months. I had a few hundred and was just enough for the speakers and couple pieces of dynamat.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by THERIDDLER07SMS
So, I'm sure I've read thru a million threads (probably more like 20), and the install seems straight forward. I bought a set of spline 6.5 component for front and 6x8 coaxial for rears.

I am not planning on replacing the stock amp (or adding another one with the pac) just yet. I will in the future but Wil be getting it done by a professional.

anyway, if I'm just installing new speakers, do I need any other tools other than what it takes to remove door panel and speaker? Do the other ones just unplug and these plug in? I have very minimal experience with car audio (replaced 2 speakers my entire life) so want to make sure I don't miss something or mess it up.

the speakers are Alpine SPR60C and the SPS517.

If I absolutely NEED to add a sub to get better sound than itll have to wait a couple months. I had a few hundred and was just enough for the speakers and couple pieces of dynamat.
Do you have the full Sony setup? HU,amp and speakers? If not then you can hard wire the speakers or get adapters. You will need to use the crossover with the new front speakers. You will also need speaker adapters so your new speakers fit the factory holes.

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 08-09-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have replaced the door speakers n i am not the handiest person out here, pretty straight forward with some basic hand tools
Old 08-10-2017, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Do you have the full Sony setup? HU,amp and speakers? If not then you can hard wire the speakers or get adapters. You will need to use the crossover with the new front speakers. You will also need speaker adapters so your new speakers fit the factory holes.
yeah I got a platinum so it's the head unit, amp, sub, speakers all are Sony w/nav. I believe they come with plates to fit 6x8 holes and crutchfield added speaker wiring harnesses to the order for free (not sure what they are for)
Old 08-10-2017, 11:03 AM

yeah I got a platinum so it's the head unit, amp, sub, speakers all are Sony w/nav. I believe they come with plates to fit 6x8 holes and crutchfield added speaker wiring harnesses to the order for free (not sure what they are for)
The adapters are for you to just plug the new speakers into the existing wiring. You will need to replace the factory tweeter also and use the one in the new component set. You should also use the new crossover but the Sony amp also crosses over the tweeter so you can try it that way also and not use the new crossover.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:29 PM

The adapters are for you to just plug the new speakers into the existing wiring. You will need to replace the factory tweeter also and use the one in the new component set. You should also use the new crossover but the Sony amp also crosses over the tweeter so you can try it that way also and not use the new crossover.
sounds good, so everything is plus and play. Will try it a couple different ways
Old 08-10-2017, 08:29 PM

sounds good, so everything is plus and play. Will try it a couple different ways
pretty much
Old 08-10-2017, 11:41 PM

pretty much
perfect, I'll post pictures up when I can
Old 08-15-2017, 07:02 PM

Got my speakers in and will start installing them next week when I get time.

wondering if there is a company that sells a single 10"sub box that fits under the rear seat? Super crew. Everyone I find is double or single 8 or 12.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:13 AM

Got my speakers in and will start installing them next week when I get time.

wondering if there is a company that sells a single 10"sub box that fits under the rear seat? Super crew. Everyone I find is double or single 8 or 12.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...w+sub&_sacat=0