Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Kicker C's series

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:40 PM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Kicker C's series

I have these coming in on Saturday to replace blown front's. Figured i get all new front and rear but have seen some bad reviews here. Are they that bad of a choice? I know next to nothing about truck audio gear. Help!!
Old 06-14-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

JBL or Infinity are good affordable speakers, no need to get the most expensive models of them either, unless you plan on adding an amp.
Pioneer A series are supposed to be really good for the price too!
Old 06-15-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Kickers are good for a factory replacement. I run them without any issues
Old 06-15-2018, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the input guys. They arrived today. Not sure if I should install them or send them back for some Rockford's or similar speaker. Don't want to go through the hassle of install and not be happy with the sound. I mostly listen to talk, old rap, and old country. Not trying to rattle the windows. Just nice clear sound and the ability to Crank it up if 7 Spanish Angels comes on. Lol
Old 06-16-2018, 02:27 AM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

I've found that if not using an amplifier for the new door speakers you are better off using the cheaper line speakers for any brand as they are more geared to using less power, for example, stock head unit power, to produce better sound. If you are using an amplifier then, by all means, go with the better speakers since they are engineered to handle the power loads to their advantage and produce a more fuller sound at a wider range of volume levels.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:25 AM

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I commented on the other thread you asked this in, but I'm running Kicker speakers, amp, and Hideaway sub and love them. My first vehicle to run Kicker in. My speakers are KS series, though. I'd give them a shot based on your needs stated above.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:04 PM

Thanks everyone!!
installed this morning and they sound great! Just enough thump but nothing that will draw attention to me. I prefer understated. I'll probably add an amp and some tweeters to get more highs out of it. But l believe that's all due to me not changing the head unit. Kicker has a buy one get one half off at crutchfield. So imIout $100 and couldn't be happier with my choice. Crutchfield was great to deal eiwi. I had the rep on the phone for 30 mins because I'm such a noob when it comes to audio. But they were patient and guided me to what i was looking for. I may not know a lot about audio equipment but my ears know what they like and they are digging the throaty low ends mixed with good mids..
Old 06-17-2018, 02:14 AM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

That's awesome to hear I'm glad you like the speakers. Perhaps one day you'll add some sound deadening to the doors since that will really make those speakers shine. I know that once I added my custom door hole covers and sound deadening they made my door speaker thump a bit more with a fuller sound range.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Quick Reply: Kicker C's series