Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Installing CB

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installing CB

Hi guys this is my first time posting on here, been reading a lot looks like a great forum! I have a 2000 F150 4x4 off road, and I am attempting to install my CB in it. I mounted it on the bottom of the dash and just planned to wire it to fuse panel in front of the driver seat. However after looking at a fuse panel diagram it appears that there are no unused fuses that I can wire it off of? Am I going to have to run a wire through the firewall and wire it from the engine compartment? If so that’s a bummer it was a lot easier to wire it up in my Jeep
Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 AM
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

wire it to the "radio power" fuse. i think its like 15 or 20 amps. that what i did in my 99 and now my 04 the same thing and works perfectly. you can turn it on even with the truck off but i wouldnt for too long bc itll drain the batery. strip a little off the wire, take the fuse out, put the wire in the slot and pop the fuse back in there and youre good to go
Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim1216
wire it to the "radio power" fuse. i think its like 15 or 20 amps. that what i did in my 99 and now my 04 the same thing and works perfectly. you can turn it on even with the truck off but i wouldnt for too long bc itll drain the batery. strip a little off the wire, take the fuse out, put the wire in the slot and pop the fuse back in there and youre good to go
Thanks man I was just a little worried about drawing too much amperage but I guess if its been done before hopefully it'll work again
Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 PM
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

No problem! And yea that's how I did it with no problems at all

Quick Reply: Installing CB