Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Ford Accessory Sub/amp hardwire

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ford Accessory Sub/amp hardwire

Hello all, I had a 2017 xlt that was prewired for the add on accessory sub/amp kit (not the substage or powerstage kits). I purchased the sub/amp kit, installed it, and enabled it through forscan. Now I have a 2019 xlt, but its not prewired for the sub/amp kit. Has anyone hardwired one of these, i have the wiring diagram for it and it has 6 wires, power, ground, sub+, sub-, amp enable/clip(signal maybe), and aux aud shield. Obviously the power and ground are a given, but what about the sub+/-, aux aud shield, and amp enable/clip wires? they all show to run to the ACM behind the radio but if ACM in my truck does not have the outputs then where else would they get wired to? Attached is the sub/amp kit and wiring diagram

Old 07-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replying to update that I have figured out how to add the ford accessory add on subwoofer kit to the non 2.7L that it only fits for 2018-2019. I ran the main power to the positive battery terminal using an inline 30a fuse. I ran the ground to the cab body. I ran the sub +/- and the shield ground wire all twisted to the LH front speaker wires and grounded the shield wire to the cab body. For the amp enable/clip wire I pinned in a wire to the ACM pigtail pin#18 and used forscan to activate the amp/sub like you normally would. I also had to add a low pass crossover to the sub +/- wires to remove the high freq signals. Also on a side note I replaced all my speakers and was able to make them all plug n play, even the center and tweeter speakers. For the center speaker I just cut off the pigtail off the factory speaker and wired it to the aftermarket center speaker. For the tweeters I found that the SYNC microphone uses the same pigtail style as the tweeters, so I ordered 2 microphones and cut of the pigtails and wired them to the aftermarket tweeters. Hope this helps anyone looking to do either of these to upgrades.
The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (07-04-2019)

Quick Reply: Ford Accessory Sub/amp hardwire