Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

DNX890HD B/U camera problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 PM

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Default DNX890HD B/U camera problem?

I just upgraded from a DNX570HD to a DNX890HD today; at the same time I installed a back up camera I ordered off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TaoTronics-US-License-Plate-Frame-Car-Rear-View-Backup-Camera-8-IR-Night-Vision-/170902383558?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item27ca936bc6
I did re-flash my Maestro online, updating the radio model and serial number. I connected everything and followed the Maestro initial procedure, it took me to step "7" and was done. Last week when I first installed the Maestro with the 570HD I had to do steps 8-11 ( I think more then once).....not so today.

Anyway, everything works except the camera acts weird!

I went in the settings and set it to "Other" and set the R-Cam Interruption to on. I can put the truck in reverse and nothing happens. When I hold the Audio button the camera will come on if I put the truck in reverse. If I take it out of reverse the screen will go blank and not to the previous screen.

If I set the settings to "CMOS-310" I get a check camera message in the picture. If I click OK it takes me back to the camera setup screen.

I am pretty sure that everything is connected correctly, I followed the instructions to the T. If it makes a difference, I grounded the Park Brake wire.

Also, is it normal that the radio has to fully initialize before the rear view is displayed?

I appreciate any input/advice.

Here are two pictures of the camera working.
Attached Thumbnails DNX890HD B/U camera problem?-p1000571.jpg   DNX890HD B/U camera problem?-p1000572.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

I just put the same camera on my, with the Maestro rr and DNN990hd install last weekend and and when I start the truck up right and put it into reverse it the camera comes on instantly and show the pic, I actually have my camera power on with the reverse lights I didn`t run the power from the radio to the camera so that might be a issue I will check my settings and let you know what I have
Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 PM

ok I just ran out to the garage and my rear comes on almost instantly, I start the truck up put in reverse all with in 3-4 seconds and the picture is up on the radio display, I have my on other, and camera interrupt is on
Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by jeremyha
ok I just ran out to the garage and my rear comes on almost instantly, I start the truck up put in reverse all with in 3-4 seconds and the picture is up on the radio display, I have my on other, and camera interrupt is on
Well, those are the settings I have and I wired my camera into the reverse light circuit for positive and negative.

I also have the Maestro reverse signal connected to the Kenwood reverse wire (both Purple/White). What was odd is that the Maestro only took me through half the initial setup. Like I said, I pushed "Finish" in step 7 and it was done.

Maybe somebody else has an idea.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:11 AM

i would reset the module, and reflash, and start the programming over again and see if that fixes it
Old 06-04-2013, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by jeremyha
i would reset the module, and reflash, and start the programming over again and see if that fixes it
That is a possibility, I just hate to take everything apart again.

I sent 12Volt Guy a PM since he is the ADS guru. I will wait for his reply and see what he has to say.

I have to say that, once switched on manually, the camera works very well at night. I'll be really happy once it starts working automatically.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Hi,

Sounds to me like the camera interrupt isn't working.

1. Check is that camera interrupt is ON (I know you said it is, but I gotta check).

2. Make sure Purple/White from Maestro is connected to Purple/White of radio. (same comment )

3. Turn on key and put truck in reverse. Your white reverse lights should be on. Verify that you have 12V on the Violet/White circuit. If you do and 1 and 2 are correct, the radio should switch to camera screen.

If you don't have voltage on the violet/white please PM me.

Also, I prefer to run the camera power off ACC, not the reverse circuit since you can hold the Audio button while driving and see behind you (useful if you have a trailer). That way camera is powered all the time with truck and will be alive while driving forward.

Hope this helps...
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM

I will double check my settings and check for voltage on the Purple/White wire tomorrow.

Was that OK that the setup stopped at Step 7?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 71_340
I will double check my settings and check for voltage on the Purple/White wire tomorrow.

Was that OK that the setup stopped at Step 7?
Yes, in fact it's normal. If your Maestro has been installed and initialized once, you don't need to do it again, even if you reflash online or change the radio. You can force it to reinit if you follow the manual reset process in the guide or choose module reset from the Maestro Module Settings inside the radio screens.

Best,
Old 06-07-2013, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the info! Still haven't checked for voltage on the Purple/White wire, I'll probably get around to it this weekend and let you know!

Last edited by 71_340; 06-07-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: DNX890HD B/U camera problem?