Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Dash Kit Options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash Kit Options?

I am curious to know what other dash kit options are available for my 2014 STX. If the Scosche and Maestro kits are the only options, which is the better one? I'm not looking for the cheapest, but rather the best fitting and looking one. My truck has the base stereo with SYNC, and I have no intentions of keeping SYNC (not really happy with the functionality). I do want to keep the steering wheel controls though.

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 10-10-2014, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested as well, been doing some research. Metra makes a kit too, but seems most people were happy with the Scosche kit. I couldn't find a direct match up for a wiring harness though. For the steering wheel controls, there's a PAC module you have to buy. I've been debating putting my aftermarket radio in, just deciding if i want to lose sync.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced all of the speakers, and it definitely made an improvement in sound quality. The stock head-unit must be a super low-power unit. It barely has enough to drown-out the wind noise when the side windows are cracked. I have an Alpine head unit from my previous truck that I plan to install, but would like to find a nice dash kit that looks close to OEM.

As for SYNC, I can not believe that Ford ever released such an abomination. Mine has problems with accepting voice commands when making a call.

Me: Call Becky
SYNC: Calling Becky
SYNC: Call Becky home or cell?
ME: Cell
Me: Cell!!
SYNC: Call Beck home or cell?
Me: FORGET IT!!

There are plenty of other similar examples with SYNC that I have experienced. SYNC lost my phone book some how, and it took forever for it to finally reload it. Hands-free driving is AWESOME, when it works.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:42 AM
lol, wut

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by snakebit95
I replaced all of the speakers, and it definitely made an improvement in sound quality. The stock head-unit must be a super low-power unit. It barely has enough to drown-out the wind noise when the side windows are cracked. I have an Alpine head unit from my previous truck that I plan to install, but would like to find a nice dash kit that looks close to OEM.

As for SYNC, I can not believe that Ford ever released such an abomination. Mine has problems with accepting voice commands when making a call.

Me: Call Becky
SYNC: Calling Becky
ME: Cell
Me: Cell!!
SYNC: Call Beck home or cell?
Me: FORGET IT!!

There are plenty of other similar examples with SYNC that I have experienced. SYNC lost my phone book some how, and it took forever for it to finally reload it. Hands-free driving is AWESOME, when it works.
Have you updated your Sync system? For multiple numbers on mine, it asks me to say a number to call it: IE

ME: Call Mom
Sync: Calling Mom
Sync: Say 1 for Mom Cell
Sync: Say 2 for Mom Work

Etc.

Quick Reply: Dash Kit Options?