Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Any comments on Polk Audio MM6501???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 01:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Any comments on Polk Audio MM6501???

I have a 2012 FX2 with the Sony/Nav system. 8 months ago when i bought this truck I thought that the "premium" Sony sound would be enough for me. WRONG Answer!!! I do like the features and functions of the touchscreen and sync system, but not the SOUND...

As time goes on it seems as if the sound is getting worse. At about the 50% volume level it sounds as if the speakers start to distort heavily, so i am thinking of swapping out the door speakers to something of better quality as a starting point. I plan to keep the stock headunit, with all functions and features. Not adding a sound processor or amps yet. Will do at a later time after warranty expires.

I almost sold on the Polk Audio MM6051.
40-25kHz Frequency response
2.7 ohms Impedance
94dB efficiency
125 continuous
250 Peak

My concern is that the output wattage of the stock amplifier is unknown. Not that it will be too high, but that it will be too low for use till amplified.

After searching google, yahoo, bing, youtube, and yes F150 forums, I have seen that some members have used the PA MM6501 before. What are your thoughts and comments on this setup, and are you happy with the MM6501???

Thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 05:01 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Those will work in the truck and I actually have a set in my CJ7 and have them amplified, they sound great. I'm in the same predicament with my 2013. I too thought I would be satisfied but am not. I changed my factory speakers to Focal and it helped slightly. I'm working on an amp/processor/sub system now.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rcoles871 what line of Focals did you use? I'm having trouble finding what will fit into the A pillar tweeter pods without major modification. Did your tweeters fit without much modification? I'm not to keen on cutting into the wiring and panels of a $40k+ truck before the warranty expires...

Quick Reply: Any comments on Polk Audio MM6501???