Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Which amp for re-loaded OEM Audiophile box.....Alpine MRP-500 or Pioneer GM-D7500M

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which amp for re-loaded OEM Audiophile box.....Alpine MRP-500 or Pioneer GM-D7500M

I was thinking of getting a Q-Logic enclosure or JL Stealthbox for my lowend needs....but after some debate, I think I am going to get an oem factory sub enclosure and reload it with my driver of preference. I am going to use a Hybrid Audio Imagine i8sw. Fwiw, the HA sub is due out later this fall, so specs aren't published yet. I have HA 5 1/4 components in my doors apreach and like them. I am pretty set on sticking with HA. Not to mention, I'm pretty well set on sticking with reloading a factory box. I am certain 8" in the oem will give me what I am looking for in regards to thump. Also, reloading a factory box will be the most economical route in the end (with the added bonus of looking most stock). I'm not out to turn heads, rattle the doors, or win competitions…I just want to fill the void of sound where the 5 1/4 components left off.

The two amps I'm looking at are the alpine mrp-500 and pioneer gm-d7500m. Both of these amps are available locally (I'm in Alaska, so shipping matters). Both amps are similar in price, specs, class, and size. Which would you choose and why? Remember, you can only pick from these two amps! No used craigslist or eBay finds....these two only. Fwiw, i am running a jvc-kw810 hu. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Which amp for re-loaded OEM Audiophile box.....Alpine MRP-500 or Pioneer GM-D7500M