Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

aftermarket radio install in 2011 f150

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket radio install in 2011 f150

Much to my surprise, a pnp harness for my standard radio w/sync is about $200. I did my homework and research and baught a metra one for $20 for 2003 and up f150s. I talked to a rep from metra and found out a little secret. If you do not plan on using sync or bt stock, you don't have to buy that $200 harness. Buy the $20 one and tap into fuse for radio in fuse box. Then that wire goes to the ignition wire for the after market radio. Worked great for me and didn't have to break the bank for it. Hopefully this helps someone in the same position I was in

Last edited by tgw537; 08-29-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:53 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by tgw537
Much to my surprise, a pnp harness for my standard radio w/sync is about $200. I did my homework and research and baught a metra one for $20 for 2003 and up f150s. I talked to a rep from metra and found out a little secret. If you do not plan on using sync or bt stock, you don't have to buy that $200 harness. Buy the $20 one and tap into fuse for radio in fuse box. Then that wire goes to the ignition wire for the after market radio. Worked great for me and didn't have to break the bank for it. Hopefully this helps someone in the same position I was in
Not for nothing but I bought a harness from axxes and that harness bypassed synce and I didn't have to tap into anything. It had a little box designed to work with canbus systems and the proper wires came from there. Nice little harness.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axxess

Originally Posted by RES4CUE
Not for nothing but I bought a harness from axxes and that harness bypassed synce and I didn't have to tap into anything. It had a little box designed to work with canbus systems and the proper wires came from there. Nice little harness.
Axxess

I bought the same harness and it allowed me to install a radio with nav, camera, and DVD without having to tap into any wires. Connected it to the radio wires and worked flawlessly.

Quick Reply: aftermarket radio install in 2011 f150