Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Add knob to fade front/rear sound?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 05:20 PM
It wasn't me

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Add **** to fade front/rear sound?

Hey all,

Pardon my ignorance, but was wondering if there was a way to add a fade **** (like a bass ****) to quickly adjust sound from front to rear and back on the fly? With 2 little ones, it's nice to move the sound only to front if kids are sleeping or playing and only to rear if kids want to listen to kiddie tunes (without having to go into settings and make the adjustments)? This would be for an 2015 F-150 Platinum.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Old 06-11-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

The settings menu is too slow? It is under "sound".

Otherwise.... stereo L pad. Parts express carries them. You would need two l pads. You would use them to either turn the front way down, or turn the rear way down. They just wire inline speakers.

You could also use a speaker selector/switch, but those are on/off whereas the L pads allow you to turn down the front or the rear, or turn the front or rear all the way down so they are off.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:14 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Zishan
Hey all,

Pardon my ignorance, but was wondering if there was a way to add a fade **** (like a bass ****) to quickly adjust sound from front to rear and back on the fly? With 2 little ones, it's nice to move the sound only to front if kids are sleeping or playing and only to rear if kids want to listen to kiddie tunes (without having to go into settings and make the adjustments)? This would be for an 2015 F-150 Platinum.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

I would move the factory fader more to the front anyway. Ever go to a concert and have them play behind you? Adding a separate **** to do the job would be more work than needed

Quick Reply: Add knob to fade front/rear sound?