Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2016 f150 chimes problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 f150 chimes problems

I have a 2016 F150 Supercrew 302A with the 7 speakers OEM stereo non Sony with nav. I went to a professionnal installer the upgrade the sound. He recommend me the Alpine KTP-445U small inline amp. After installing the KTP-445U amp, I have lost the chimes through speakers, only coming from IPC now. Maybe once a week, it's coming back from the speakers. After a while, it revert back to the IPC !

Otherwise, the amp is perfect. The installer double check the wiring. When we disconnect the amp, the chimes went back to normal, through the speakers. We reconnect the amp and the symptoms went back. The Ford dealer and the installer both have no clue !

Any idea ?
Old 03-01-2017, 11:50 PM

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

When I disconnect my battery the chime reverts back to the speakers for a one start then never again. I always wondered what was going on and if it had anything to do with a very low static noise I can hear when headunit is off.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

The install is wrong...

Research ACM low level output for Fords... It will get you excellent SQ plus you can remove the OEM amp and get the signal low level to start with.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:12 PM

The amp is install inline with the speaker-level output. The power is taken at the dash 12V socket (the installer told me that the wire gauge was too thin in the OEM stereo. I don't have the Sony stereo so the amplification is built-in (no external amp).

What do you mean by the install is wrong. Do you think that reprogramming the ACM output can cure the problem ?
Old 03-03-2017, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the same amp in my truck using the parrot wiring harness you see in a lot the builds. I have no issues whatsoever with the chimes. I even did the low level output mod to the acm which greatly improved the sound quality and still no problems with the chimes. I would have the wiring checked.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the input. The installer already double check the wiring. He didn't use the parrot wiring harness, He cut the speaker wiring to connect the amp. For the 12V power, he use the 12V dash socket, as the wiring is of a bigger gauge.

As I said earlier, maybe once a week, the chime came back to normal. In the same day, it revert back to the awful IPC chime !

If the speaker wiring is done right, the only difference is the power source. Is it possible that the power source can cause the problem ?
Old 03-03-2017, 04:21 PM

Like I said... Install is wrong or not the best way it could be done... research what I told you if you are interested in doing it right.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbluthng
I installed the same amp in my truck using the parrot wiring harness you see in a lot the builds. I have no issues whatsoever with the chimes. I even did the low level output mod to the acm which greatly improved the sound quality and still no problems with the chimes. I would have the wiring checked.
I used the parrot harness as well. I have base XL stereo so there is no external amplification.

I am not sure the ACM low level is possible unless you have a sony package.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by crankinaway
I used the parrot harness as well. I have base XL stereo so there is no external amplification.

I am not sure the ACM low level is possible unless you have a sony package.
Its possible in all ford models, highly recommended to get a clean signal out with all the chimes.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by James Cole
Its possible in all ford models, highly recommended to get a clean signal out with all the chimes.
I'll check it out.