Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015+ ACC power lead.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015+ ACC power lead.

I discovered when installing an aftermarket radio, what one would consider the ACC power lead is actually not. It seems to be a Run power lead, and will only come on when in run position, and turns off about 30 seconds after switching to ACC position. Needless to say, this doesn't play nice when wanting to listen to the stereo with engine not running. Has anyone found a way to make the ACC lead actually follow ACC and not RUN?
Is there another wire in the harness that is true ACC that I can maybe land the red leads into?
Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by YappyFox
I discovered when installing an aftermarket radio, what one would consider the ACC power lead is actually not. It seems to be a Run power lead, and will only come on when in run position, and turns off about 30 seconds after switching to ACC position. Needless to say, this doesn't play nice when wanting to listen to the stereo with engine not running. Has anyone found a way to make the ACC lead actually follow ACC and not RUN?
Is there another wire in the harness that is true ACC that I can maybe land the red leads into?
You need to run one to the fuse box
Old 03-09-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd run a PAC-TR4 and trigger it from the hot wire feeding either the APIM, ACM or ACU - I haven't done enough research yet to figure out which one. Bottom line is that you want ALL of your gear to stay on through the Auto Stop/Start routines and to use the Stereo Extended Play feature (how long the music stays on once you turn off the key). This way all chimes/alerts will be active as well.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "Extended Play" feature is a feature of the APIM, and only on the 8" models. That feature disappears when you yank the APIM out to put in the aftermarket sadly. The current RED lead survives through the the auto start stops, but it does not do a power up like when a door is opened. I have not yet seen a good list of factory pinouts from the ACM/APIM/ACU harnesses. using the PAC-TR4 may not work, as I suspect what the factory APIM uses are specific CAN commands, and the can bus is always active, so no way to know if a command is specifically something like door open.

I lost my chimes, since I didn't install an amplifier, so no way to have those injected into the aftermarket radio, but I knew I had to live with those coming from the ICM.