Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 speaker replacment

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 speaker replacment

I replaced speakers on my 2013 xlt, standard stereo package today. As everyone knows the factories were horrible. I saw a lot of mixed opinions on whether it was worth while, without adding a amp or HU. I figured for a little over a hundred bucks, might as well. I used Infinity reference 6832cf's. They are absolutely a noticeable improvement over stock. I added the first one, closed the doors, and toggled the balance back and forth between the two. Every time I got to the Infinity side, a big smile came to my face. It's very clear all the way up to 25 on the volume. 26 to 30 is a little bit distorted, but still clearer than the stocks were at mid volume and louder. I Ordered the ford adapters and was done with the whole project in a little over an hour. If anyone's looking to upgrade their sound a bit, without spending a grand, I highly recommend these speakers. Can't wait to get my JL micro sub hooked up later this week!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

You're gonna love it once you get your sub hooked up. The stock speakers are crap (now you know that). The sub adds all of the lows that your missing from any 6x8.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you retain the use of the tweeters in the A-pillars? I like the 6x8's you picked out but I would like to retain the component setup if possible.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tweeters still work. I added a sub too and it sounds pretty good. With the sub taking care of the lows, and the infinity's clearing up the highs, it sounds noticably better than the Bose system that my work truck has. Volume doesn't get as loud though. It's a huge improvement over stock. I'm still debating whether there's any need to mess with the head unit.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I replaced mine last week with Infinity Kappas. Still smile everytime I get in the truck!!!!

Quick Reply: 2013 speaker replacment