Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 F150 Hidden subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2013 F150 Hidden subwoofer

Ever since i got my truck new i have hated the stereo in it!! My 03 xl f150 stock radio sounds way better than the new one with new pioneer speakers!! There is NO bass at all in the stock system!! I wanted to add a little bass to it but didn't want to take up part of my rear floor putting a box in there. So i started thinking wonder if something would fit in that black hole of a center console? Humm....

After searching and measuring i found a powered sub woofer that would fit. Its a Boss Audio BASS800. Its no a chest pounding window rattling sub that i have been used to but me just wanting to add a little bass to the stock sound system its perfect!!

Got it to the house unboxed it and go figure it wouldn't fit into the console opening?? How i measured twice, checked again inside measurement is 10.25 inches box is 10.1 inches tiop hole is 9.5 inches. CRAP!!

The console will unbolt and come out so i took it out and started prying it apart!

Sticking a screwdriver under the top of the front panel it popped off. Unbolted the arm rest/lid, then took the two copper screws on the top part and took the back black piece off (one with the two rear
cup holders in it), and last unbolted the lid hinge from the back! Now there is about 50 copper screws holding the inside box together but you only have to unscrew about 4 down from the top on each side and have a buddy pry it apart so you can put the sub woofer into the console. At that point you can reattach all the screws and plastic part except the front panel with the front cup holders.

I then drilled a 1 inch hole in the front of the console to put the wires in after fishing them under the carpet troungh the hole in the carpet under the console

I then wired up the sub/amp

After that you can renstall the front black plastic piece and bolt your console back down.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I guess
The following users liked this post:
freddyttt (08-16-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I guess
You guess what lol?
Old 08-18-2015, 06:46 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by king nothing
You guess what lol?
I guess that if that is what he wants then more power to him.....
Old 08-18-2015, 08:35 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

I guess that if that is what he wants then more power to him.....
I thought about building a pair of 8s into my center console, but I think I'm going to build a new console for a nasty 12 instead

Quick Reply: 2013 F150 Hidden subwoofer