Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011 f150 radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 f150 radio issue

As I started my truck, a short burst of static through the speakers, and the radio quit working. No buttons pressed have any effect. The time is being kept correctly, but the time keeps flashing non stop... any ideas?
Old 05-01-2017, 05:42 PM

I got the same exact thing. it stopped working. then the next day. it worked again!
Old 05-03-2017, 06:29 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by KenVaughn
As I started my truck, a short burst of static through the speakers, and the radio quit working. No buttons pressed have any effect. The time is being kept correctly, but the time keeps flashing non stop... any ideas?
Pull the fuse and see if it will reset.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had been having the same issue for a couple months where it would cut out for a brief period and then come back on. I was figuring it was a bad speaker, so I ordered up 4 new 6x8s. While I was waiting, the stereo died completely except for the flashing clock thing. I installed my new speakers yesterday hoping that was indeed the issue, but no change. I did discover several suspect wires on the rear doors, though.

I just registered here to post the same thing as the Original Poster, but I think I'll just chime in here and wait and see. Mine is a 2012 w/SYNC. I feel like the stereo will sometimes not flash under acceleration, but then flash again under braking. Would that make any sense for something to check? I pulled and checked 3 fuses that were cited as relating to "Radio", 9, 29 37 or something. No change. I tried disconnecting my negative on the battery for 4 or 5 minutes, no results. I'm dangerously close to ordering a new head unit, but would love to get this factory one going again until I can afford something higher end.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Xabrewolf
I had been having the same issue for a couple months where it would cut out for a brief period and then come back on. I was figuring it was a bad speaker, so I ordered up 4 new 6x8s. While I was waiting, the stereo died completely except for the flashing clock thing. I installed my new speakers yesterday hoping that was indeed the issue, but no change. I did discover several suspect wires on the rear doors, though.

I just registered here to post the same thing as the Original Poster, but I think I'll just chime in here and wait and see. Mine is a 2012 w/SYNC. I feel like the stereo will sometimes not flash under acceleration, but then flash again under braking. Would that make any sense for something to check? I pulled and checked 3 fuses that were cited as relating to "Radio", 9, 29 37 or something. No change. I tried disconnecting my negative on the battery for 4 or 5 minutes, no results. I'm dangerously close to ordering a new head unit, but would love to get this factory one going again until I can afford something higher end.
Sounds like it is shot. Better check eBay
Old 01-19-2018, 05:47 AM

I'm having the ame problem. My radio has quit now for about 2 months. None of the buttons do anything. The display flashes every now and then but it's only the time. I disconnected the battery and even reset the head unit and still nothing. Has anyone found out anymore on this issue. I want my radio back
Old 01-19-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jpuckett3
I'm having the ame problem. My radio has quit now for about 2 months. None of the buttons do anything. The display flashes every now and then but it's only the time. I disconnected the battery and even reset the head unit and still nothing. Has anyone found out anymore on this issue. I want my radio back
Time for a new HU

Quick Reply: 2011 f150 radio issue