Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2010 Stereo questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Default 2010 Stereo questions

I've looked on forums, called Ford, called dealers, but I can't find out how many watts my factory deck is putting out. It's an XLT Scab with the single CD player and Sync system. Does anybody know what these put out for power?
I already have the bass figured out but I need help with the door speakers. I am planning to run an amp to all 4 door speakers with components in the front. I wanted to know the factory wattage because I can't decide if I want to spend the extra money on everything to move from the 65 watt RMS range up to the 95 watt RMS range. If I would notice a big difference between factory wattage and 65 RMS all the way around I'm fine with that. If I won't notice a big difference then I'd step up to 95 RMS.
I've also read on here that some people don't bother with the rear speakers when adding power. I know most people like the sound up front but what does it sound like with 65 or 95 watts up front and factory in the rear?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

If it is the standard radio it is not much.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if its non Sony sound its probably 20 true watts .it the distortion that kills speakers.not wattage unless its way more power. .
the reason most people only put more power to the front is when your at a concert is there sound in back no .so it makes it sound more real .and bass is non directional it is hard to tell where it is coming from.
so it is better to spend more up front

Quick Reply: 2010 Stereo questions