Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

05 f150 factory subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 f150 factory subwoofer

I have a 05 f150 kingranch with the factory subwoofer. My head unit went out and I found a factory replacement that looked exactly the same but it doesn't have the 3rd plugin for the factory subwoofer. Does anyone know how to wire it to the radio? I bought a 2-channel adjustable line output converter but I have no idea how to wire it in. I was told it was possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I could buy a after market head unit but I already have what I need. At less I think I do....
Old 01-10-2021, 12:54 PM

Received 487 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Jody Clark
I have a 05 f150 kingranch with the factory subwoofer. My head unit went out and I found a factory replacement that looked exactly the same but it doesn't have the 3rd plugin for the factory subwoofer. Does anyone know how to wire it to the radio? I bought a 2-channel adjustable line output converter but I have no idea how to wire it in. I was told it was possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I could buy a after market head unit but I already have what I need. At less I think I do....
Does everything work but the sub?

You would need to get power and ground back to the sub. You would need to tap the speaker wires with the LOC and get that signal back to the sub. If I went thru that much trouble I would replace the sub too......

Quick Reply: 05 f150 factory subwoofer