Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Upgraded from a Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Upgraded from a Ranger

Greetings,

I traded my 2006 4x4 Ranger Supercab for a new 2012 F150 XL 2WD work truck. The XL is equipped with XL Plus package, towing package and optional limited slip 3.73 differential.

Decided not to go 4WD again since I'm retired and can just let the snow melt or wait for the road scrapers. We get little snow in Virginia and I can get by with limited slip 2WD. From what I've read about the standard 3.7 V6 I figured there was no need to go with a V8 and so far I'm very happy with my choice. Gas mileage is better than what the smaller truck ever did.

The F150 feels enormous compared to the Ranger and I've already damaged the power driver mirror on the second day when backing into my garage. There must be at least a foot of difference in overall width of this truck compared to what I had. The 8' bed is a cavern in comparison.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the capabilities of my new Ford and reading owner tips. Mirror replacement would be a good place to start.

Last edited by Wilco; 07-17-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:23 AM

Received 94 Likes on 94 Posts

Welcome to the forum sounds like your enjoying the bigger truck
Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice rig. I kind of wish they wouldnt have done away with the Ranger though and worked to update their motors. The 3.7 V-6 in a Ranger would have been sweet. I own a 2010 F150 and a Ranger. Honestly, for general work where you need to get in and out of the bed, the Ranger is a handier truck. I can reach all over the bed while standing on the ground. The F-150 is so tall and box is so deep that it is not possible. I do love the Lariate though. It is the Caddilac of trucks on the highway.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site
Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome aboard! Lots of great mod info and support here, enjoy the forum.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I really like the F150, my only regret was that I wish I could have kept the Ranger also. The resale was so good on it that the dealer made it worthwhile for me to just let it go.

I'm curious to see what Ford replaces the Ranger with. Like Aggie said, just adding the 3.7 and six speed automatic would be a great combination in that truck also, along with reworked suspension. They still looked good after all those years.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 AM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilco
Thanks for the replies. I really like the F150, my only regret was that I wish I could have kept the Ranger also. The resale was so good on it that the dealer made it worthwhile for me to just let it go.

I'm curious to see what Ford replaces the Ranger with. Like Aggie said, just adding the 3.7 and six speed automatic would be a great combination in that truck also, along with reworked suspension. They still looked good after all those years.
I read somewhere that the ecoboost is in the new explorers... Anyways....

Clark is by far the best vendor i have ran into regarding stuff for your truck. And he knows Im not kissing up to anyone.

As for your broken mirror... that sir, is something you yourself can replace, Ill go find the link to teach you.

I used to have a 2002 crewcab Dakota, and yea, into my screw 2010 f150 was a big jump for me too.

Anyways... Ill go get that link for you
Old 07-18-2012, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wilco
Greetings,

I traded my 2006 4x4 Ranger Supercab for a new 2012 F150 XL 2WD work truck. The XL is equipped with XL Plus package, towing package and optional limited slip 3.73 differential.

Decided not to go 4WD again since I'm retired and can just let the snow melt or wait for the road scrapers. We get little snow in Virginia and I can get by with limited slip 2WD. From what I've read about the standard 3.7 V6 I figured there was no need to go with a V8 and so far I'm very happy with my choice. Gas mileage is better than what the smaller truck ever did.

The F150 feels enormous compared to the Ranger and I've already damaged the power driver mirror on the second day when backing into my garage. There must be at least a foot of difference in overall width of this truck compared to what I had. The 8' bed is a cavern in comparison.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the capabilities of my new Ford and reading owner tips. Mirror replacement would be a good place to start.
Here you go sir.

Not really much has changed within door panels since the older trucks.

But this link works on 09-13 trucks.

And since you have broken one off, i think if you plan on hauling, i would get new tow mirrors. If not, the original ones are great too.

Check with Clark on deals, Hes almost as Good as the devil himself when it comes ti stuff on here.

And your welcome man. Enjoy the ride here, Its usually a great one.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop..._RCaQr1M&gl=CA
Old 07-18-2012, 05:09 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .... Lots of good guys and gals here
Old 07-18-2012, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by bobkyle2
Welcome to F150forum.com .... Lots of good guys and gals here
Looks to me, youre spamming the introductions with the same comment lol.

Jk

Quick Reply: Upgraded from a Ranger