Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tacoma to F150 - wow

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 08:20 AM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Tacoma to F150 - wow

My friends all told me that once I'd owned a pickup truck, I'd always wonder how I ever got along without one and that I'd probably never not own one again. When my son turned 16 and started driving, I got a Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 which became his daily driver when dad didn't need it for truck duty. It did household jobs, many moves as kids came and went from college, and eventually, when he graduated Georgia Tech, I handed him the keys as his graduation present. He took the Tacoma off to San Antonio Tx where, as it turns out, his Tacoma was right at home. That's where Toyota makes them and everybody in town has got one.

That left me without a truck and I struggled along using the family SUV for hauling and towing duties until they told me that the next time I brought in the SUV, it was going to need a new tranny. I decided it was time to replace the pickup and this time with a full size truck. I narrowed it down to the Chevy/GMC, Tundra, and F150. Since it was to be my daily driver and road trip ride, I was shopping in the lux truck aisle of the dealer. I decided the Tundra was probably the most practical choice - less expensive, high reliability, and best resale value; but, it was a generation or two behind in technology. Nice, reliable truck with few bells and whistles. I really liked the Denali but not the dealer choices I had so much for maintenance. I really liked the looks of the F150 Lariat and when I found one with the proper color interior, 502A, trailer tow pkg, adaptive cruise, etc, I jumped on it:

Still less than a thousand miles on it but I'm very happy with the purchase. I bought the EB 3.5/10 speed and so far, loving that drive train. I'll be hauling a motorcycle in the back and towing a trailer for track days and sport bike trips out into the hillbilly twisties. Looking forward to learning from the collective wisdom here and contributing when I can.

Wes
Old 03-29-2017, 08:31 AM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

Beautiful truck. Of course I'd say that as you chose the same color combo as my ole -well used 225k mile - 2004 Lariat! But I'll keep my jealousy to myself for now. Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:55 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 boards! Glad to have you join, any fun performance mods planned for the truck? :-)
Old 03-29-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

Congratulations and Welcome she's beautiful!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
Sharp truck !
Hit up the motorcycle thread and show off your bikes too