Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

radio trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio trouble

i have a 2000 f-150 harleydavidson when i switched truck off the radio and the power windows still worked and the chimmer was chimming like the key was still in the ignition and the keyless entry wouldnt work. i took the radio fuse out the chimming stopped and the radio stopped but the keyless entry started to work.

thanks for any helpfull info
Old 01-20-2008, 06:31 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nocharger
i have a 2000 f-150 harleydavidson when i switched truck off the radio and the power windows still worked and the chimmer was chimming like the key was still in the ignition and the keyless entry wouldnt work. i took the radio fuse out the chimming stopped and the radio stopped but the keyless entry started to work.

thanks for any helpfull info
Check all the fuses. Sounds like one of the 2 is blown. There is a fuse for memory and one for main power.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Page 90 of your owners manual says that the remote entry features only operate with the ignition in the lock position. The door chime will only sound with the key in the ignition and a door open. The radio will work with the key in the ignition until a door is opened, same with the windows. So, if the radio works with doors open, the chimer is chiming, and remote entry is inoperative, I would think that you have a bad ignition switch. The truck thinks the key is still in the ignition. How the ignition intersects with the radio fuse I do not know.

Last edited by Scot; 01-21-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply: radio trouble