Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Outside Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Outside Toronto

190213:
Greetings! I've owned all kinds of cars as well as a couple of 4x4 vehicles over the years, and I always join at least one enthusiast forum at around the same time as I take delivery of whatever vehicle I've decided upon. But this time I decided to join 'waaay in advance of procuring the vehicle, so that I can be better informed when the time comes to place the order...which will be in the spring of either 2020 or 2021. As a result, there will be very little from me in the forum for awhile, but I'll use my mad lurking skills to their fullest!!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:31 PM

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome!
Even with a 2 year time frame there is so much to learn as there are so many configurations and options to choose from but you've come to the right place to do the research.
Cheers
Old 02-14-2019, 01:13 AM
F150 Forum

Received 129 Likes on 128 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:28 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Welcome, lurk away !!
Old 02-14-2019, 08:50 AM

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by ronemca
190213:
Greetings! I've owned all kinds of cars as well as a couple of 4x4 vehicles over the years, and I always join at least one enthusiast forum at around the same time as I take delivery of whatever vehicle I've decided upon. But this time I decided to join 'waaay in advance of procuring the vehicle, so that I can be better informed when the time comes to place the order...which will be in the spring of either 2020 or 2021. As a result, there will be very little from me in the forum for awhile, but I'll use my mad lurking skills to their fullest!!
Welcome fellow Canuck! Lots to see on here with no shortage of opinions! Coming on here now before you buy is smart!
Try and look past all the banter and "fake news". Feel free to PM the odd member to get a more personalized and real life account of the potential issues they list with their trucks.
Take note of the engine and transmission issues and the various continued defects that exist and check to see if they have been corrected.

There are quite a number of engine choices and each has its place depending on how you will be using your truck.
The first and second gen 3.5 ecoboost have had issues with engine rattles on start up and upon acceleration with regard to the timing chains and VCTs.
The 5.0 V8 was a good engine for the most part but as of 2018 it is now both port and direct injected and it too now has engine rattling upon deceleration.
(I've owned both)

I have seen the least amount of issues on here probably with the 2.7 ecoboost and the 3.0 diesel is just too new right now.

Forums such as this are where you'll hear mostly the bad things about the trucks. Keep that in mind and realize it is not reflective of every truck owner.

Do not rely on any information from a dealer on the performance or durability of these trucks, their job is to sell you the truck...or better said is to get you to buy the truck.

If you are seeking specific information on here just do a google search - type in F150forum then list what you're looking for such as "f150forum 10peed transmission" and it will bring up the topics related to 10 speed transmissions.

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2019, 01:16 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join us.

Quick Reply: Outside Toronto