Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No beatings or beat downs please...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Default No beatings or beat downs please...

I'll admit it- I'm a Chevy guy. Ok....was a Chevy Guy. I've had bow ties for...well...a long time.
I sold my Silverado and bought an import station wagon (see- this gets funnier...) - but after a year I had to face the facts- I'm a truck person.
After extensive research and a lot of looking, I droppped a wad of cash on a new Ecoboost Lariat.
Jesus guys- this is a nice truck. I am really impressed. The cabin is HUGE. Everything is so well thought out and properly positioned. Amazing.
And there's this Ecoboost thing lurking under the hood. I don't know how you all feel, but this is what sold me on the truck. I love the power delivery. It's like a velvet hammer...incredible for a V6. And the turbo technology doesn't scare me for a minute. I do believe Ford worked hard on this and has too much to lose with its failure. Mate this to that 6 speed and I think you have a great power train.
Time will tell. But for now, I couldn't be happier. So don't beat on the old dog for coming over from Chevy. Both Chev and Dodge make good trucks, as do Toyota and Nissan- if they did'n't we all wouldn't be seeing them duke it out to make better and better trucks.
So F150Forum- I'm in. Thanks for having me.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the site a lot of great guys on here!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .... Loves of good guys and info here.... Be sure to post some pics !!!

Im a chevy guy myself ... .. Watch out for the haterz
Old 08-14-2011, 11:33 AM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks Guys
Pics will come...I just have a few things to do to the truck first. Just a generic White Lariat Twin Screw right now. Will be trying to make it a bit more "mine" sometime soon.
May even change these brakes as well- pretty poor for the price in my opinion.
Otherwise- a damn fine truck to be sure.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimaa66
I sold my Silverado and bought an import station wagon (see- this gets funnier...) - but after a year I had to face the facts- I'm a truck person..
Same here - had a Ranger 4x4 and a mustang - sold them both for a hybrid - WHAT DID I DO?!?! Kept that 6 months and just picked up my F150 extended cab ecoboost!

I too really like this truck!

Tim

Quick Reply: No beatings or beat downs please...