Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New from Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Default New from Ontario

Hello. I have been lurking on these forums for several months trying to learn. I have not owned a Ford truck but have been looking at them as well as others. I travel as a territory manager and typically put about 65,000 kms a year on a truck. I currently drive a 2012 Ram Longhorn which replaced a 2010 Laramie and before than a 2007 SLT. I never know how long I will keep the trucks and am always looking at replacements. I will no doubt have occasional questions about Ford trucks that you can help me with and maybe I can contribute when Ram trucks become the discussion. I have test drove both the new King Ranch Ecoboost and Lariat 5L but don't know what I will buy next.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome to the forum. People on here will obviously be biased towards the Ford but here is my experience.

I was trying to decide between the Dodge Ram Laramie & the Ford F-150 HD that I ended up buying.

I found the Ram interior to be a huge improvement from their past efforts but still found the Ford to be higher in quality.

I also had prior experience with several Dodge Dakotas from 2004 to 2010 through my job and found that each model year the quality/fit and finish deteriorated. I couldn't tell you if the same applied with the Ram, but I wasn't going to take that chance & ultimately decided to go with Ford & have been quite pleased thus far.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Good Luck with your Decision.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 AM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

welcome!!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey there fellow Ontarian,
I just ordered my 2013 SprCrew Ecoboost yesterday.

I never "test" drove any of the Dodges, having ridden and driven in my buddies 2010 a few times. My in laws have a 2010 or 2011 Tundra.
I admit I do like the ride, drive of the 1500 and power from both, and the little hideaways of the Toyota are "neat/cool" but the deciding factor for me was the "complete" package that I appreciated from Ford.

looks, for me Fords most appealing, so a plus
ride, very happy with, comparable with my buddies even with coils in rear, Toyota's ride nice, but certainly no better then Fords (IMO)
towing, I opted for 3.55 rear ratio, so not the max towing but still more then I will need, and still class leading I believe.
mileage, I expect good things from the Ecoboost, and it won't be driven that far (both wife and I work within 10km of home), maybe 12k a year I'm hoping, and rare towing (offroad Jeep on trailer) so mostly short drives, or longer highway cruising.
storage/interior, we are getting this truck as a family vehicle. 2 children in car seats, a mid sized dog and all accessories that go along with the kids when visiting family 2-3 hours away. everything can be in the cabin with us staying warm, as the rear passenger area is HUGE.

I didn't look at the Chev's, couldn't bring myself to even consider them... deep down I was biased towards Fords as I have always liked them above others.

If your really putting this much thought into it, I would say test drive, repeatedly. Maybe grab a rental if possible to see what you think after a weekends worth of use.

good luck with the decision... I am looking forward to getting keys to mine in 6-8 weeks... or hopefully less.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the welcome! Looks like a lot of Canucks here
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Welcome.

No canuck here. LOL

Quick Reply: New from Ontario