Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Member, High Mileage Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member, High Mileage Truck

Hi Everyone. I just want to start by saying I searched through some of the other forums and this seemed to be the most helpful, which is good because I am gonna need some help....

I am buying a used 2005 crewcab XL 4x4 5.4 from my work. I have been in the market for a truck and was thinking I was going to buy new but found this truck at work, parked in the back.

The good:
It runs and drives well, transmission shifts fine, very smooth and besides some minor scuffs and scratches is in great shape. The interior is very clean. 4hi and low engage no problem. It has been maintained extremely well, with regular maintenance done the entire life of the truck.

The bad:
it has 263,XXXmi and it has been parked for 2+ years. It needs a battery, tires, probably a basic tune-up, shocks.

Now I got this for a steal (practically giving it to me) and I don't know how many more miles I will get out of it but for the short term it seemed like a pretty viable option.

My question to the members is what should I be looking at replacing and what type of maintenance should I consider besides the usual fluids, brakes etc? What are some of the pitfalls for this drivetrain?

Any information will be extremely helpful. I am looking at spending about 2500 max to keep this truck running safe for the next 12-24months. Can post pics if anyone would like to see anything.

Quick Reply: New Member, High Mileage Truck