Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New member here

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member here

Hello everyone. New member and happy owner of a new to me 2016 F150 with the 2.7 and 302A package. This truck checked all my boxes so I pulled the trigger over the long thanksgiving weekend. We are a family of six and my wife and I travel and camp a lot with the kids. I also race mountain bikes and they travel to some races with me. We finally have the right tool for the job. We are really enjoying the truck. Went camping this past weekend and it was perfect.

I pulled the trigger on this particular truck because it has the 2.7, a front bench (where my oldest sits), Sync 3 (running V. 2.3), 302A package, Century cap with LED lighting and full bed rug incl the entire cap.

Plans include installation of a Rhino Rack base rack on top of the cap. I already have it, just need to find time to install it. Awning attachment for the Rhino Rack. Eventually Bilstein 5100's on all four corners and I'll level the front. BFG KO2's all around. Kuat Pivot attachment for my massive 4 bike Kuat NV 2.0 bike rack. This will allow me to swing the bike rack to the side and give me access to the back of the truck. It's a pain right now to get to gear with the bike rack attached. Down the road I might install another roof rack system over the cab. Not sure yet.

Already completed: tinted front windows to match rear. Removed manufacturer logos from cap. Cleaned it up, especially the rear glass. Removed the big plastic front valence thing. That was the first thing to go.

Up next...install the Rhino Rack system on the cap. Husky liners front and rear. Husky seems to be the only one that makes a set and includes the over the hump piece for the front.

I think that's about it. We are excited about the addition to our family. We are going to make some great memories with this truck. We already started with our camping this past weekend. The truck was the perfect tool. Cheers everyone.

Guy
Attached Thumbnails New member here-img_4322.png  
Old 12-18-2017, 04:58 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Welcome to the forum, congrats & good luck with the new ride..
The following users liked this post:
liv2bike (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 03:45 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks for joining

Tony
Old 12-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
nice truck.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome to the forum, nice looking truck.

Quick Reply: New member here