Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New member going to replace a 4.6L 2v

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member going to replace a 4.6L 2v

Hey folks! Lots of good information here. I've had my 2008 STX 4.6L 4x4 for about 8 years (123k on it currently) and I dun blowed up the motor. It may have been a timing chain tensioner issue, I won't know for sure until I get the covers off. I'm going to replace it with a reman since the cost of a new truck is so damn high, and I don't have time to figure out how to swap a 5.4 in there. I am interested in doing a IHE upgrade and 3.73 gears because the little engine that could (or used to could) struggled to handle interstate speeds with a head wind or big climbs in hilly regions while towing my 25' camper.

Currently, Im trying to figure out how to attach a hoist to the engine. Anyone have one of those fancy lifting brackets that it bolts in place of the intake manifold? And where do I find replacement hardware for all the rust bucket studs attached to the valve covers, intake manifold, and other misc. components?

Anyway, I'm about half way through my shopping list, and its up to almost $1200 of new parts for the engine install. (im doing a lot of preventative replacements. (water pump, PS pump, pulley kit, AC pulley, EGR hardware, PS pump lines, motor mounts, harmonic balancer, gasket set, ect)

anyone have opinions on reman companies?

Dahmer

Nu Tech

Jasper

Premier Powertrain

Tri Star

Let me know if you have some thoughts on where to go!

Cheers!
Old 07-05-2022, 05:35 PM

Received 751 Likes on 618 Posts

Steve welcome to the forum. Doing a Google search Premier Powertrain has a 4.5/5 stars, I also remember them being mentioned on here before.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:55 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Welcome..

Quick Reply: New member going to replace a 4.6L 2v