Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member

Hi my name is Tomas and I own a used 2013 ecoboost S-crew XLT 4x4. I love the engine and hate the maintenance. I got a super deal about 4,000 below market only to find out that it would take $4,000 to make it driveable (new timing chains, new trans valve body, new brakes w/rotors and pads all the way around, new tires).

I don't understand my love for this truck. It just suits me. Maybe because speed bumps, curbs, potholes, and snowy Chicago streets have learned to fear me! Recently, as I was driving down a main street west of downtown. I noticed that a small car (teacup car) stranded in a hole right in the middle of a four lane avenue. The hole had been made by a construction crew and covered with gravel. With rain the hole had become a sinkhole. While the driver waited for help, I contemplated the benefits of my F150's wheelbase and tire size (18s). I thought about helping pull him out but it was clear that he would need something along the lines of a forklift. I also had no tow strap with me at the time. Since seeing this problem however, I now keep a tow strap in the truck just in case.

Something I never thought of after upgrading from a ford ranger was the need for a step stool to reach the engine compartment. It never even occurred to me that I would not be able to lean on the radiator while checking the oil. I'm average height and the truck seems like it was built for someone 8 ft tall. Still love my truck! I'm also looking forward to towing something soon. I keep making excuses to rent a trailer just to try this out.

Long story short, the issues with this somewhat high strung engine have me joining this forum. I worry about how long this engine will last and how well it will run once I have reached 100,000 miles. I just experienced misfire codes on cylinder 6 and shuddering for the first time since buying the truck. I have researched everything from high performance coil packs to catch cans and intercooler weep holes. I have been scared by a youtube video regarding misfires and catalytic converter damage until I realized that the video was made by a Canadian (Can't believe anything those people say).

On the high performance side, I have also been tempted to add a cherry bomb and an open air intake. I keep going back to websites that offer $2,000 turbo upgrades that boast up to an additional 160 hp (is this normal? feels like truck **** or something).

So it's nice to be here and read your posts. Very enlightening despite some of you needing grammar lessons (I'm a teacher). I have learned much and been confused by much. This seems to be the nature of online forums.

Glad to be here!

Tomas

Edit Quote Multi Quote Quick Reply
The following users liked this post:
Fast Betty (11-30-2020)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Welcome..
Old 01-24-2019, 10:24 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join us.

Quick Reply: New Member