Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New '15 Owner in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default New '15 Owner in SoCal

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself.

I am a long time car enthusiast and modder who is new to ford trucks. My wife and I just had our first child so the sport's car had to go.

The day my daughter was born I sold the Porsche and picked up a 2015 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew short bed in Magnetic Metallic with the following

302A
2.7L Ecoboost
3.55 Locking rear
Trailer Tow Package
20" Chrome Like PVD wheels (more on this later)
36 Gal Fuel Tank
Center Console.

I picked the F-150 because I like where ford is going with their tech. The 2.7L is a beautiful motor and the switch to aluminum is an obvious one. I really wanted to wait until ford dropped the upcoming 10 spd tranny into the entire f150 line, but the baby was not going to wait so here I am.

I passed on the FX4 because of the added ride stiffness. I dont offroad much anyway but puchased the 4x4 because I am an avid camper, skier/snowboard and general outdoor enthusiast who needs all weather and general all terrain capability. I picked the 2.7 over the 3.5 because it felt more tractable to me. It seemed to have less turbo lag and better low end push. Additionally I will never be towing anything more than about 3000lbs so the extra grunt of the 3.5 would be seldom utilized.

My plans for the truck for now are to get rid of the 20's (i didnt want them in the first place) add downpipes and a tune, level the front of the truck, tint the front windows, add a spray in bed liner and possibly a cover or truck cap. I am sure as I get further into the truck my modding plans will continue to evolve, but for now I want to keep it simple.

The wheels: I will throw a post up in the classifieds as soon as I can but for now I am looking to trade the 20's with someone who has factory 18's. I would prefer them to have under 5000 miles (mine currently have 300 ). I live in orange county and could meet with a couple jacks and stands to do the swap. I would be asking for a little bit of cash along with the swap depending on which wheel option you have. So, anyone reading this who really wanted the PVD 20's shoot me a PM!

Cant wait to tune this ecoboost up and have some fun in the truck. For now my baby girl is loving her new chariot

Cheers,
Brian
Old 08-03-2015, 02:19 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks for joining

Tony
Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 08-04-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome Aboard!

Quick Reply: New '15 Owner in SoCal