Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

looking for answers on the radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for answers on the radio

hi im new and i have a 2004 ford f-150 and i recently installed a sub and amp to the stock six disc cd changer and the battery was going dead and i thought that was it so i disconnected the remote wire on the amp and drove around for a couple of days and the truck was fine then one day i hit a bump and the remote wire touched the amp and i lost all radio and i checked the fuse it wasnt blown but there was no power going thru it then i pulled the deck out and there was no power coming out of that either my buddy thinks the deck is blown has anyone had this problem and might know whats wrong if any suggesions please let me know at bandit72_5@hotmail.com
Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

help
Old 03-16-2007, 08:02 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by banditboy
hi im new and i have a 2004 ford f-150 and i recently installed a sub and amp to the stock six disc cd changer and the battery was going dead and i thought that was it so i disconnected the remote wire on the amp and drove around for a couple of days and the truck was fine then one day i hit a bump and the remote wire touched the amp and i lost all radio and i checked the fuse it wasnt blown but there was no power going thru it then i pulled the deck out and there was no power coming out of that either my buddy thinks the deck is blown has anyone had this problem and might know whats wrong if any suggesions please let me know at bandit72_5@hotmail.com
There has to be a fuse blown somewhere. On the wiring diagram I pulled up I see 3 fuses F2.07 5 amp fuse f2.31 20 amp fuse. If its an XLT or FX4 F2.22 10 amp fuse. If its an XL or STX F2.01 10 amp fuse. So there is more than one fuse for that radio. Need to check all of them.

Quick Reply: looking for answers on the radio