Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just a new member here....100

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a new member here....100

Hey all, just a new(ish) member.

Lurking for quite a while, thought I'd finally give an introduction.

Purchased my 05 Lariat SCREW in October with 151k, and been going through the old gal ever since, she was previously an AZ truck, so i'm furtunate enough to have ZERO rust.... for now. I searched for a VERY long time to find a rust free truck with decent miles. lemme tell ya, in the rust belt, that is NOT easy. I believe the truck was some kind of business truck, but it must have been the boss's, as it's got nearly every option available that i can see, leather / sunroof etc,etc, and is in VERY good condition with decently low miles for it's age. Even had a cellular repeater installed in it as well as a sirius add on system with a gps antenna on top as well.

Plugs (motorcraft), boots, 100 percent factory timing components done right with phasers, roller followers, lash adjusters, the works, and upgraded to the melling M360HV oil pump. Water pump, all pulleys / tensioner / belt and fan clutch. Fuel pump, FPDM, full front end w/ control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends, even replaced a whiney 373LS rear end..Added the dorman trans pan with drain bolt while replacing the filter, and replaced front diff fluid as well as xfer case. Just returned from a nearly 2k trip with her and she did wonderfully as expected. Averaged 18mpg at 65/70mpg, and about 16-17 at 75ish.

I opted for the higher pressure pump just for giggles.....it's done great so far, at HOT idle in D (like 200 miles in 80+degree temps) i'm hovering at around 35-40psi, and solid 80 at 2krpm driving down highway. COLD starts it sits at about 90psi at park idle, jumping to 100psi just loafing around a parking lot COLD. all with 5/30 full syn oil, and I always use lucas full synthetic additive as well.

I am a VERY firm believer in lucas' products. every oil change on every one of my vehicles gets lucas, either the classic, or full synthetic version.

I've also upgraded the outside mirrors to 2013 factory mirrors I sourced on marketplace, adding running lights to the front reflectors and turning them into signals as well, just got to finish up the driver tint option, and the power fold wiring. Not a difficult mod at all, you'll need to add a couple wires for all the functionality, and swap a couple as well. Easiest route would be to source a couple mirror connectors from a junkyard or ebay to have to de-pin and use for new wires for the tint/power fold wires.

I mostly just lurk, but if there's anything I can help with, just let me know. I have access to all wiring schematics, and just about anything you'd want to dig into on these trucks.

Aside from finally purchasing one of my own, I've done quite a few tune-ups on these 5.4's. I've broken lots of plugs, and used the lisle tool to replace them, tried a lot of different methods for plug replacements and can honestly say that dumping a couple cans of seafoam in your tank, running it till empty, and pulling the plugs with an impact white the engine is HOT HOT HOT is by far the fastest, and easiest way of doing the plugs on these pigs that i've ever done. You'll be amazed at how clean those plug tips and problematic shafts are when they pop out. Also, DO NOT forget to anti-seize your new plugs as well.

Nearly forgot, I also installed the rough country rear fender-well liners.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2022, 02:56 PM

Received 765 Likes on 630 Posts

Welcome. Thanks for the info on the 5.4, my 05 F150 has the 5.4 with only 80,000 original miles & I do not think the plugs have been replaced. They are on my to do list soon.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd certainly keep that extractor tool nearby tho...... just in case.....
Old 05-17-2022, 05:05 PM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:14 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,024 Likes on 1,718 Posts

Welcome..

Quick Reply: Just a new member here....100