Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Howdy Pardner! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy Pardner! :-)

As you may have guessed. Coming to you from Texas. Houston. My dad was mechanically inclined. He worked on trains on air force bases. From there he took a job as a mechanic but finally went to work as a warehouseman. He taught me a lot about engines but my love is computers. I've worked at M.D. Anderson, Exxon, American General Life Insurance, NASA, and other distinguished places. Unfortunately, I turned 60 and now everyone thinks my brains have run out of my ears. :-) I've worked on Secret, Top Secret, and regular stuff. (None of it any good anymore - too long ago. So any spies out there - you might as well forget about it.) What is interesting for me is - places are starting to want people like me again. Those old FORTRAN, COBOL, PL/1 programs - well I know those languages. Anyway - I do some work on my truck (Ford F-150 2006) but only when it finally gets cool. When it's 110 in the shade - I let some other fool work on my truck. I stay in the a/c. :-) I'm actually used to 50 degree rooms. So living in Houston has real drawbacks for me.

Anyway - that's enough about me. Howdy. :-)
Old 11-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, there is a wealth of info on here.
I can relate to the heat, I lived in Az. back in HS.
Back up in Michigan now, and loving the heated seats/ remote start.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Thanks! We have someone at a club meeting that lives in Wyoming and comes down to Houston for the winter. They stay with their kids and help to take care of their children. He said he almost didn't make it this year because they had an early snow. We asked him just how bad it was and he said that there was only one road in and out of where he lived (don't remember the name of the city) and that once that passage was closed - that was it. Is it snowing in Michigan yet?
Old 11-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Not down where I'm at (N Detriot suburbs)
But a little NW of me had some stick to the trees and cars !
Usually by Thanksgiving we get a dusting.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:19 AM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks for joining

Tony
Old 11-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Howdy 1ATony! :-) Glad to be here. Where are you located? I'm in the hot swampy Houston area. South Houston. Where the water temperature indicator on my tap read yellow once which meant "Be careful turning the water on - it is actually hot".

A friend gave me this thing. You replace the filter part of your facet with it. It glows blue when the water is cold, green if it is warm, yellow if it is hot, and red if it is scaling hot. Ya know you are in Texas when the water is hot as it comes out of the facet and you have it set to cold. :-)