Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hey y'all!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey y'all!

Hey everybody!!

New to the F150 forum, but I have been reading posts for a while.

This is my first Ford truck, and I like the way she drives and runs, even though I have already had some problems with her.

She is a '10 XLT Screw in Royal Red Metallic (and I love the color) and had 56K miles when I got her for a great deal.

Looking forward to reading and posting more.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:11 PM

Received 93 Likes on 87 Posts

1) Welcome to the forum
2) Nice looking truck.
3) What kind of problems are you having with it?
The following users liked this post:
10RRScrew (12-02-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 11:19 PM

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts

Welcome to the Forum!
The following users liked this post:
10RRScrew (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 03:39 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Received 360 Likes on 356 Posts

Congrats on the purchase and deal! You have very nice looking truck there, I like it a lot! Do you have any particular mods in mind for it yet?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by redfred
1) Welcome to the forum 2) Nice looking truck. 3) What kind of problems are you having with it?
Thanks Fred,

Long story short, I drove to a dealership that was 'out in the country' to get a better price than here in the DFW metroplex, about 90 miles away. I test drove this truck that had been sitting on the lot for about 3 months (I had been looking at it online) and while driving I was keeping in mind all of the common issues that had read about here on the forum. No problems on the test drive at all. Bought the truck and started heading home, and at the first stop light after exiting the highway by my house I come to a complete stop and I get 'the bump' from the driveshaft. Ok, not cool. Then I am driving (still haven't made it home yet) up a slight incline going about 45 mph and the truck just starts vibrating like I've got a box of 15" subwoofers in the back seat. What the?!? Turns out the torque converter had gone out, and apparently on my drive home it happened.

Dealership fixed everything at no charge, but it took them 2 weeks to do it due to waiting on a torque converter to come in. Drove the truck home and the next morning the transmission is leaking in my driveway. Again, not cool. Drive it back out to the dealership and they fix it while I wait, turns out when they replaced the torque converter, they should've replaced the seals for the transmission fluid lines but they didn't.

Also, the morning after I brought my truck home, I start backing out of my driveway and the brakes squeal like a stuck pig. Take it to a buddies brake shop and they tell me that their is a build up of brake dust and debris that makes some brakes do that in reverse and brake rotors are slightly warped, but the rotors and pads still have plenty of life left in them. They charge me $89 to clean everything out and resurface the rotors and pads. Brakes feel like they should now.

After driving my truck for about 3 months now, the bump is back and I hear the only way to get rid of that 'bump' when starting and stopping is to get a one-piece driveshaft....

I've only put 4,000 miles on my truck and about 500 of them are from driving back and forth to this out-of-town dealership.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:02 AM

Here is an update to my problems:

So after getting the driveshaft 'bump' again, I took it to another dealership that is just a couple of miles from my house. I told them the problem that I was having and about the solution of using grease with a Teflon additive on the slip yoke splines. The service adviser looked at me funny and said that he had never heard of that TSB before. He tells me that he will contact me as soon as the tech know something.

The next morning he called and said that the throttle body is not completely closing off and the computer (BCM?) is constantly thinking that I am starting off from a stop at a slightly higher RPM and causing the 'bump' at stop and start. He said that the fix to the problem is to clean the throttle body and reprogram the computer. Well, that has worked ever since they did the service.

On to my next issue now... as of last week the torque converter has gone out again and vibrating just about all the time. Yay... I am waiting for someone from the dealership to call me back and set up an appointment.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Quick Reply: Hey y'all!