Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello From The Northwet

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Mr. Fixit

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Hello From The Northwet

Guess I better say hey.

Hey.

There, I said it.

Oh, yeah.

I stumbled in here looking for a community and info about a recent acquisition, a 1995 F150 Eddie Bauer. My grandson got it from his other grandpa. He just turned 18 and felt he needed a car instead of a pickup that gets poor fuel economy (hey, gas mileage isn't everything, right?), so he picked up a 2013 Focus.

Now I have plenty of vehicles, all in great condition, and the last thing I needed was another set of wheels sucking money out of my checking account. But the kid needed money for his new(er) car fund, and I just had surgery on my foot. Can't operate 3 pedals with one foot, you know. And since all my other vehicles have manual transmissions, and his F150 has an automatic, and was cheap, I stepped in to help him out.

So here I am.

With my F150.

Pictures to follow, once I get use of my foot back.

Meanwhile, here is the foot.

This was actually last November. I had to go back in last Tuesday for a "revision". That's what doctors call it when they have to rework their previous work. The osteotomy (the place where they cut the metatarsal and then spliced it back together with the plate and 4 screws) wasn't healing. I fell the first night home from surgery and the plate was bent, which opened up a 2mm gap at the bottom of the union. The doctor wanted to wait and see if it would heal anyway.

Well it didn't, and now I am in a cast for 6 weeks again.

Here is a detail of the bent hardware.

Those of you who aren't squeamish can click through to my Flickr page and browse through the other pics, of the outside.

With stitches, and blood and other gory stuff.

Anyway, cheers!
Racer

Last edited by RacerX69; 03-24-2019 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Two copies of each picture? That was weird.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:22 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join us.
The following users liked this post:
RacerX69 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX69
Guess I better say hey.

Hey.

There, I said it.

Oh, yeah.

I stumbled in here looking for a community and info about a recent acquisition, a 1995 F150 Eddie Bauer. My grandson got it from his other grandpa. He just turned 18 and felt he needed a car instead of a pickup that gets poor fuel economy (hey, gas mileage isn't everything, right?), so he picked up a 2013 Focus.

Now I have plenty of vehicles, all in great condition, and the last thing I needed was another set of wheels sucking money out of my checking account. But the kid needed money for his new(er) car fund, and I just had surgery on my foot. Can't operate 3 pedals with one foot, you know. And since all my other vehicles have manual transmissions, and his F150 has an automatic, and was cheap, I stepped in to help him out.

So here I am.

With my F150.

Pictures to follow, once I get use of my foot back.

Meanwhile, here is the foot.

This was actually last November. I had to go back in last Tuesday for a "revision". That's what doctors call it when they have to rework their previous work. The osteotomy (the place where they cut the metatarsal and then spliced it back together with the plate and 4 screws) wasn't healing. I fell the first night home from surgery and the plate was bent, which opened up a 2mm gap at the bottom of the union. The doctor wanted to wait and see if it would heal anyway.

Well it didn't, and now I am in a cast for 6 weeks again.

Here is a detail of the bent hardware.

Those of you who aren't squeamish can click through to my Flickr page and browse through the other pics, of the outside.

With stitches, and blood and other gory stuff.

Anyway, cheers!
Racer
Welcome to the forum - as a fellow PNWer and F150 owner (94) I am sure you will fit in quite well here. Check out the 87-96 forum a little farther down and say hi to the boys and girls down there. And yes, we love pics.
RacerX69 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 06:25 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
RacerX69 (03-26-2019)

Quick Reply: Hello From The Northwet