Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:41 PM

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Hello from Michigan

Hello all. I've been trolling these forums since October 2015 when I picked up my new 2015 F-150. I traded in my 2010 4.6 for my 5.0 XLT Ruby Red Sport. I LOVE this truck. (adios 4.6...what a difference the 5.0 makes!)

This site has been invaluable so far in helping my make some tweaks and mods to the truck to "make it mine" so to speak. Pretty quickly after purchase I added some WeatherTech floor mats and window deflectors, a BakFlip G2 tonneau cover and Husky well liners. All good items to have in the Michigan winter. They look good and they are very functional.

To be honest, after those small items I planned to leave the rest alone. Well, that was the plan.

However, I like the truck so much that I decided to make a few more serious upgrades. In February we had some crazy warm weather here so I took the opportunity to install the Kicker PowerStage VSS Kit. It's not a thundering booming system, but compared to the stock system its night and day. Installation wasn't bad as it was mostly plug and play. I was actually more impressed with the sound improvement from the stock speakers with the Kicker amp than I was with the addition of the sub itself (I do not have the sony system).

Most recently (as in yesterday) I wrapped up the installation of the Corsa Touring Cat Back system. Again, not a thundering exhaust tone (I'm too old for that), but a nice mellow tone. Yes, the Ford exhaust is already a good system so I wasn't looking for performance or longevity. As long time 5.0 mustang guy I really enjoy a nice exhaust note so I decided to make the investment.

I wanted to post here on this forum now as this site was instrumental in helping make my decisions. Great information here. Seemingly very good people. Hope to see everyone around the forums!
Old 03-22-2017, 07:34 PM

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, from Windsor, Ont.

You'll have to post some pics of your truck.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
I'm in SE Mich.
Post a pic of the truck
Old 03-23-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Hello and welcome.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts