Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Happy Camper!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Happy Camper!

Just bought my third Ford pickup although I haven't had a truck for a dozen or so years. I had a 1987 regular cab F250 with the big straight six, and a 1995 F250 Supercab with V8, both manuals. I do ecological consulting and restoration work and used them for work, had a Bronco II as well that was my run around vehicle. I got more into the consulting side and really need a truck for a while and ended up selling them, they were used hard, and bought a new Land Rover LR3 in 2006. That thing served as my only vehicle for the last dozen years, and hauled my trailer and small Bobcat with no problem. As much as I may have complained from time to time (usually about air suspension, frequency and cost of brake jobs, and general overall parts costs) that thing served me very well and I just traded it in with 304,262 miles on it! I like to keep my stuff till it is near death, but it was still running strong. Ive been getting more back into in the field restoration work and it was time to go back to two vehicles, the LR3 was getting abused a bit and hard to keep clean as I hauled more crap around in it! I bought a 2015 LR2 that will be my run around vehicle about a month ago, and just got my truck this past Saturday. It's a super clean Magnetic 2016 F150 Supercab XLT 5.0 with FX4 package and nav and trailer tow package with 50,000 miles. Got a dam good deal I think, and this thing really looks brand new, almost too new to be my new dedicated work truck! I'm looking to customize it a bit so will be looking for input in various posts. Been checking this site out for a while now as I was shopping around, it's certainly a great resource!

And no, I really don't study coyotes per se, but they will benefit overall from my work! I thought I would try to be clever with the take on the engine in the new truck and what I do day to day!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:29 PM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:05 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,708 Posts

Welcome..

Quick Reply: Happy Camper!