Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Far from new...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 06:49 PM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Far from new...

Hello there F150Forum members, some of you will recognize me from F150online.com or FordRaptorForum.com

I decided since I have been lurking over here a bunch lately and since there is more activity on the regular 09-12 F150's, I figured I'd at least make a formal introduction and start contributing.

I currently own a highly modified 2005 F150 FX4 that we built purely for show and to be one hell of a daily driver Since I stopped showing it last year I have retired her to weekend warrior and the occasional cruise with the family (my daughter loves to cruise in it already). Besides those activities we utilize it for community functions, parades, and occasionally I will pop in at a local car show just for the kiddos.

There are far too many modifications to list so here's some pics!

I don't have any recent pics from the last few years uploaded to my photobucket yet; but she has new 38x15.50's, a new rear suspension setup, new drive line, upgraded axles, upgraded 4 wheel drive system, upgraded trans, new paint and a few other misc. goodies!

I am currently debating my next truck between a 2012 Raptor or another FX4 with the EcoBoost (2012). Ford has given too many great options to there most indecisive buyer!

Last edited by FX4life; 10-28-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 PM

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4life
Hello there F150Forum members, some of you will recognize me from F150online.com or FordRaptorForum.com

I decided since I have been lurking over here a bunch lately and since there is more activity on the regular 09-12 F150's, I figured I'd at least make a formal introduction and start contributing.

I currently own a highly modified 2005 F150 FX4 that we built purely for show and to be one hell of a daily driver Since I stopped showing it last year I have retired her to weekend warrior and the occasional cruise with the family (my daughter loves to cruise in it already). Besides those activities we utilize it for community functions, parades, and occasionally I will pop in at a local car show just for the kiddos.

I don't have any recent pics from the last few years uploaded to my photobucket yet; but she has new 38x15.50's, a new rear suspension setup, new drive line, upgraded axles, upgraded 4 wheel drive system, upgraded trans, new paint and a few other misc. goodies!

I am currently debating my next truck between a 2012 Raptor or another FX4 with the EcoBoost (2012). Ford has given too many great options to there most indecisive buyer!
Looks good my man
Old 10-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, good job, looks great.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sweet truck man, Welcome to the site
Old 10-28-2011, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one nice truck. The new fx4 is nice.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like always looking great, glad I went with a Rize on my rig. You need some pics with the 38s
Old 10-30-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by fx4life79
Like always looking great, glad I went with a Rize on my rig. You need some pics with the 38s
Thanks bud, I have been trying to make time for some new pics! Your actually the last person I know of who has gotten a Rize lift... Kinda crazy!

Last edited by FX4life; 10-30-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .. Lots of good guys and info here... Nice ride
Old 11-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks bud, I have been trying to make time for some new pics! Your actually the last person I know of who has gotten a Rize lift... Kinda crazy!
I know its crazy, for a few years they were everywhere now with the bad times and poor customer service they've fallen off the map
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by fx4life79
I know its crazy, for a few years they were everywhere now with the bad times and poor customer service they've fallen off the map

They are all into motocross now from what I have seen/read, as far as producing lifts I'd just consider them out of business. I read on a cummins forum a while back that management could never figure it out, and the owner was spending the cash faster than it came in. I think the economy and last years gas prices really took a toll on big lift companies as well. I just don't buy that it took them a year to move into a new facility either..

It's too bad cause they had a great product that was extremely well engineered and built.

Quick Reply: Far from new...